Please Don't Go

Please Don't Go

A Stage Play by Millie

SCENE 1

(Takes place on a quiet road)

KATHY: No, No, NO! Don't give me more of your bull s**t. (begins to turn away)

 

LEO: It's not bull s**t this time!

 

KATHY: (Turning back) What? Are you telling me all the times you told me that you didn't. You did!

 

LEO: No Kathy honestly. That isn't what I meant!

 

(Kathy begins to walk away again)

KATHY: (Spoken quietly) Tell me once you have your story straight.

 

LEO: Kathy! Kathy! (He doesn't walk towards her) Please don't do this!

 

(Kathy gives no reply not even a flinch)

 

KATHY continues to walk away exiting stage left, LEO left in the middle of the road watching KATHY as she leaves.

 

 

SCENE 2

 

KATHY walks into her house slowly truding in as if weight is on her feet. She drops her keys and bags and falls to the ground.

 

(Kathy begns to sob)

 

KATHY: Alright Kathy! Now stop this, he isn't worth it! (she says as she stands up brushing her skirt off) I don't need him, I don't need him, I don't need him. (She collapses on to the chair and runs her hands through her hair opening up her face) I'm fine. (She sighs) I'm fine. I can already hear him "stop lying to yourself". The worst thing is he'd be right. I loved him, but, he didn't love me. Why didn't I know it would hurt this much? Why didn't I know I'd be left here on my own. (Brief pause) Now, when I really think about it, I've been on my own for months. I chose to ignore it. Who chooses to ignore it, who in there right mind thinks I'll just let it happen. I'll pretend that it's not happening, pretend that he still loves me. Get it into your mind Kathy, he doesn't love you anymore. He never did. I'm not sure what hurts more, finally realising he never actually loved me or knowing he wanted some one on the side. It's not fair. Am I not good enough? Was she better than me? No. It doesn't matter he made his decision, he let me. He left me. Why do I feel like this?

 

(Lights fade, leaving KATHY is a spotlight. After a few seconds, a door is shut causing the lights to come back up)

 

ANITA: Kathy is that you? (Anita enters wearing a face mask with cucmber over her eyes)

 

KATHY: Yes, it's me. (She wiped her eyes as she sat up from the chair)

 

ANITA: What's the matter?

 

KATHY: It's nothing, you know, just course work getting on top of me.

 

ANITA: Course work?

 

KATHY: Yes, course work.

 

ANITA: You think I believe that? So what's he done this time?

 

KATHY: Why do you always assume?

 

ANITA: Becuase I always know (she pours herself and Kathy a brandy) So what has he done? (She passed the drink to Kathy)

 

KATHY: He slept with that Tammy girl. Then tried to stop me from ending it.

 

ANITA: Tammy, slammy ready to get crappy? That Tammy? (Kathy nods) Well this deserves another drink. (Pouring yet another drink for the two of them) Can't believe it, my little Kathy is growing up, she knows how to chuck a guy who is no good for her.

 

KATHY: I wouldn't say he's no good for me. He's jus-

 

ANITA: Just what? Just a waste of space, not worth your time, a sleezy arsehole? Please Kath, do take your pick?

 

KATHY: Anita, you can't say that.

 

ANITA: I can, I know men like him. Your just an idiot if you think he's good enough for you.

 

KATHY: Anita. Could you just stop! I'm not an idiot. It's just, it's just - I'm going.  (Kathy exits)

 

(ANITA is left on stage on her own, she get a face wipe and gets rid of the facemask)

 

ANITA: That, that annoys me. (She points to the door with her glass). She could do so much better than him. He doesn't treat her right, she's always sad when they were together. Why can't she see this is going to get better. I've been there, I've gone through it. It sucks. It feels like your whole world is just crumbling around you but it's not then. It's not the end. I wish she could see that! It just fustrates me. I don't want to see her like me. I can't see her go through that.

 

 

SCENE 3

 

(In a club. LEO surrounded by drunken people)

© 2013 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
review :)

I will continue this one, very, very slowly :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie