Escape To Meet My Fate

Escape To Meet My Fate

A Chapter by Millie
"

The choice that's yours to make, just remember you live with the consequences.

"
have you ever had those moments when you wanted to kiss someone, but you couldn't because it was breaking some sacred rule? I have moments like that although in my world, it was breaking some sacred rule. This is a story of choosing family who would gladly kill me over loving someone so very dear to me. It's not fair is it? Life many of the times, isn't fair. 
"What are you doing?" She whispered.
"Going out" 
"Really? Through the window Melissa?" She spoke as she crept through the barrels of cloth and lynne spread across the floor. 
"Yes, through the window. I'm not running away. I'm coming back" I spoke quietly with ease moving further out of the window on to the ledge. 
"I'm not keeping any secrets, if they ask where you've gone I'm telling them." She spoke with a stern attribute in her voice.
"I'm not asking you to keep any secrets Tia."
I climbed down the drain pope beside my window before jumping the last floor. Briefly I looked through the window before ducking down into the shrubs that outlined the house to hide. Quickly I discreetly ran through to the other side of the garden. On the other side Clea was there waiting for me. 
"Hurry" Clea whispered. 
"Hush! I'm being as fast as I can" I said as I squeezed through the fencing. 
"Okay, are you ready?"
"Really? You think I just did all of that not to be ready and have to do all of that again?"
"I was just checking!" 
"Fine" we got into the taxi at the corner of the road that Clea had got here in. 
It was dark in the taxi, the only light I could see was coming from the light just above the drivers head. I could just make out what the driver looked like. He had a stubbled face, dark brown eyes and bags under them. He looked rather scruffy as if he'd been wearing the same things for days. he didn't appear to talk much other than several grunts whilst he spoke on the bluetooth linked to his phone. He didn't appear to be very well spoken and manners were clearly lacking for someone who is in the service industry. 
It wasn't a long drive only to the sea front. "Where's bout you wan' droppin'?" he spoke very similarly too a chav. 
"Just here would be fine, thank you" Clea spoke clearly.
"Alrigh' the fair's nine pound". We both spilt the bill before making a hash exit from the taxi. 
There was a group of teenagers in front of us, some I'd seen around others I would of never of known existed. I joined a smaller group of people that I knew however one person in the mix I struggled to match his face to a name. I, every now again, glanced towards him, but each time I couldn't finger out his name. 
I left the group for a little while, walking over towards the sea. I slipped off the sandals I wore before slowly walking into the water. Lifting up my dress so that the water wouldn't it I heard a loud roar of laughter. I sharply turned my head to look toward the people, I saw a blazing fire lit from several barbecues newly been lit. It was a pretty sight to see, fire, I adored watching the blaze. 
"Nice night isn't it?" A voice spoke as I turned back rapidly to see who it was, I was shocked to see the boy who's name still escaped my mind. 
"Yes, indeed it is." I said as I store back out to the sea. 
"May I enquire into your name?"
I let out a brief sigh of relief "Melissa, and yours?" 
"Antonio, very pretentious name, I know"
"Well the way we've been brought up the only thing is pretentious"
"You don't speak to everyone like this do you?" 
"No" I said simply, "Just my family and people who don't know me" 
"I thought so, you see, you didn't speak quite as posh when you were talking to your friends" 
"Indeed, there has got to be someone i don't need to put this act on for." 
I looked down to my legs, in the corner of my eye I could see his beige trousers rolled up just to calf length. He wore a pale blue polo shirt. His hair was short although appeared slightly longer at the front without being turned into a fringe. He had striking hazel eyes, plump pink lips and slight tan to his skin. The water hit his trousers dampening them making them darker in colour at the bottom. "So, Antonio. Where is it you're from?" 
"Not far, I'm holding a gathering there soon, you're welcome to come" 
"Who else is coming?" 
"Everyone here, well not everyone the majority. Your friend, um, Clea she's coming"
"Okay, I might just make an appearance." 
"I'd like it if you would, shall we walk back up?" He asked turning to me.
He held out his hand for me, I took his hand gripping my dress tightly with the hand I had free. We walked through back onto the sand where we picked up on shoes before returning to the group. He took hold of my hand again interlocking our fingers as we came closer and closer towards the group. 
He let go of my hand, traveling over to a very small group of pretentious looking boys. With the hand he had just let go of i tucked my hair behind my ear. "Where have you been?" Clea came rushing over to asking stinking of alcohol. 
"Walking along the sea" I told her. 
"Come on let's go sit by the barbecues!" she grabbed my hand ignoring what I had just said. I went with her, also with a group of girls that sat round gossiping and cooking the food. 
I sat and ate, drinking fizzy topped off with a little bit of vodka. I listened to the mindless gossip, "well, from what I've heard, His family have just moved because they're starting a new branch." Listening to them talk you could hear that they were daddy's girls who listened intensely when it came to business. You could tell that so many of them when they were old enough would just double cross their own fathers if they needed too. They'd cover it up saying that they were doing them a favour.
As the smell of food began to waft around more and more people sat around waiting for the food to be cooked. "Enjoying yourself?" He said as he pressed on to my shoulders before sitting behind me. 
"No, the mindless babble of drunken girls does begin to annoy me"
"Understandable" he commented. I leant back on to his thighs. He looked down at me, "you're very light. I didn't notice you leaning on me till i looked down."
"I'll take that as a compliment." We twisted one of our arms around each other as we held on another's hand. No one really seemed to notice, and it wasn't like they were going to mention anything to our faces, anyway. 
Time went on our conversations continued, it felt as if we were trapped in our little bubble, filtered from everyone who was there. "You have to watch that film" he spoke excitedly.
"Well, I'll have to get it, then i'll tell you what I think of it"
"Or you can just come round to mine and watch it?"
"Not going to happen." 
"Why?" he looked a little saddened. 
"I'm under house arrest for pretty much all of my life. Since I was born."
"You're out now?"
"Oh, i'm in for a killing if they find out i've left."
"Oh, I've met a little rebel, ayy?" he laughed. 
"I wouldn't say that, but something close" I sounded cheeky. 
"Clea" I grabbed her before she could run off to get more booze. "Clea! Home. Now." 
"Alright mum." Grabbing her hand I took her towards the waiting taxi with me. "Too, 28 Mansfield Road then the Lions' estate just off Kings road."
"You're not Mr Lions daughter are you?"
"That's information I'd like to keep secret." 
"That's fine ma'am." This driver was much more polite compared to the driver from earlier on that night. I got Clea home first before I had to sneak back up the drain pipe. 
I crawled along the grass truing to stay as low as possible before I reached the outlining shrubs. "Oh for god sakes" I whispered realising that I had left one of my sandals on the middle of the grass field. I crept back quickly grabbing the sandal and creeping back as fast as I could. I climbed up the pipe staying as close to the wall as physically possible. Climbing on to the ledge I saw that Tia had shut my window. I walked along the window ledges to my sister's room. I knocked on the window until she opened it. "What?" she asked sleepily.
"You shut my frigging window!" 
"Oh, sorry, I'll just go open it." 
"Tia, remember keep quiet"
"It's fine they went up to the Daniel's house, in Ireland, they won't be back tonight" She spoke as she left the room. 
Entering my room I said, "Are you kidding me!? They aren't here?" 
"Nope, now night." She left the room. 
"Urg, I could of stayed out." I spoke to myself. 
I walked out of my room calling "Mum, Dad? Are you here?"
"They're not, they left a message. They're not back till next month." 
"Hell yes!" I punched the air dancing around like a fool. 
"There's another message for you, it's on the machine"
"Okay. I'm coming" I rushed down the flight of stairs in a large flowing top in denim shorts. I waltzed into the reception room where my sister was sat. I picked up the phone and listened to the message. 
"Um, Hiya, it's Antonio. I don't know whether you remember me, but Clea gave me your number I wanted to see if you were still on for the party and possibly the film?" I smiled like an idiot without realising that my sister was starring at me. "Yeah um, just give me a call back on this number and I'll pick up." I continued to smile as though the best thing in the world had just happened to me. "Who was it?" Tia inquired.
"My friend"
"More like boyfriend, haha" 
"Hush, at least I can get a boy unlike you."
"I'm thirteen, what do I need a boy for? It's not like I'm seventeen and still single" 
"Oh, making a crack at my lack of relationships are we?"
"Yes" she sat with a smug smile of her face. 
"I'm going up stairs" I called down as I skipped back up the stairs.
I stood in front of my wardrobe wondering what to wear. I looked through the countless dresses most of which I never wore because they repulsed me. I picked out one dress, looked at it, then put it straight back in. I grabbed another pair of denim shorts, and a black strappy top and a blue black cross hatched blazer. I quickly put it on before picking up the home phone that was up stairs to retrieve Antonio's number. 
I dialled it on the phone that my parent's didn't know about. "Hello?"
"Hiya, It's Melissa."
"Oh, Hiya." 
"Are we still on for the movie?"
"Yeah you can come round mine? I'll pick you up in 15? If that's alright with your parents of course." 
"They're out of town." 
"Okay brilliant. I'll be there soon" 
"Okay, bye" I bit up lip trying to hold back a smile. 
i grabbed my bag and slide down the banister. "Where are you going."
"Out"
"What if mum and dad call?" 
"Cover for me?" 
"Saying what?" 
"She's in the bath, she's busy, locked herself in her room. Something, I don't care just cover for me!" 
Beep, beep. I heard a car horn go, "bye Tia." I walked out to see antonio stepping out of his car holding the door for me. I stepped into his car and shuffled along the seats. He stepped in after me then told the scoffer, "Back home." 
It felt rather awkward for the first couple of minutes. "You're going to watch the film and love it!" 
"And if I don't?"
"Well, I'll just have to ask you to leave" he joked. 
"Well, it'll be the last you see of me. Could you handle that?" I teased.
"Well, I don't know yet, do I?" He stepped out of the car once we'd come to a complete stop. He opened the car door for me, then I stepped out. He shut the door behind me, then continued to lead me up to his house. 
We sat in a large room with a T.V opposite the king sized bed. I sat on the bed as he put the film in. "You're going to love it, I know you will. I honestly don't know a person who doesn't at least enjoy this film.2 I placed my finger to his lips, "Let me watch the film then." Through out the film we moved closer and closer to each other. He kissed my head, I immediately sat up straight placing my hands back on to my lap. 
The phone rang, "Melissa, home now! They're in there way back!" she said hurriedly. 
"What? Why are they back! You said next month" I hung up the phone grabbed my things then rushed out. "No time for a goodbye?" Antonio inquired. 
"I'm sorry, not today. Another time? I need to get back before mutiny hits" I called. 
I ran back as fast as I could barely managing to crawl up the drain pipe unnoticed in broad daylight by passersby walking dogs and strolling along. I went to climb on the edge but in the corner of my eye I saw my father stood in my room with my mother sat on my bed. "S**T" I whispered. As I went to climb back on to the drain pipe I missed it by a fraction of an inch and fell. 
I screwed up my face keeping my eyes shut. I didn't feel like I hit the floor when I should of. Slowly I opened my eyes and I saw the tips of the grass which brushed my nose. I reached to the floor, then hit the ground, face first. I heard my father say, "My dear, you better go fetch you child" I turned to look at my father who had my bedroom window wide open with his head just poking out. He looked at me and waved, "Urg" I moaned before placing my arm over my eyes. 
"Come on dear" my mother ushered. I sat on the grass bringing my knee's partially up to my chest. "Am I going to bed bound?" I asked as I looked up towards my mother who stood in front of me. 
"No, just please, into the house." 
"What's this about, why are you being so nice?" 
"For goodness sake Philicity! Get her in" My father yelled. Grabbing my arm my mother took me back into my house. 
I came into the reception room to see my father stood in the center of the room waiting for myself and my mother to enter. "Who the hell have you been sneaking off to see young lady?" It sounded as though he was shouting but his posture and face showed none of this. "Sneaking off?" I questioned, "I haven't been sneaking off." 
"Really?" He seemed unimpressed and unconvinced of my story. 
"Where were you the night we left and today then?" He questioned me keeping me stood up instead of sat down as if wanting to spark some fight up. 
"Out, Okay? I wanted a life,I don't want to be trapped in my room!" 
"Get out. I am not in the mood to speak to you right now" I walked out and up to my room. 
In my room I saw that all of the cloth and lynne that had once been on the floor had been moved, folded and placed back in to the cupboard. 
I spent what felt like days trapped up in my room being given vital food and water on average once a day by my sister. I have no clue what there tactics were other than to starve me out. Countless hours I would lie on my bed, bored, awaiting the most minuscule thing to occur. One time through pure bored I collected all of realms of cloth and lynne and the occasional vale of silk from my cupboards. I hung pieces from my walls, lights, closets and window frames. 
I couldn't see my door or windows through the pieces of fine cloth hung through out my room. The lights on, day draws to an end, perfect colours of purple and lilac line my room. I laid on the floor surrounded by countless numbers of pillows and cushions. As I laid following the lines and curves of the cloth I hear a faint knock at the door. I ignored the door, collapsed on the CD player and let the music softly blast. Letting myself go I felt my body rise, turned onto my side. I saw through my clenched eyes I had become level with my door handle. 
I saw the door handle turn in haze, seeing my father storm through it and hit a pack of pillows. 


© 2012 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
This is the opening, it's meant to be a modern day romeo and juliet with a big twist that isn't in the original story (obviously). I hope you like it so far :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far so good xx

(Apart from a few grammar mistakes :P)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: Romance, Love, Lust, Choice, Fantasy


Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie