Seed

Seed

A Chapter by Unthinkable

   I remember one thing, a seed. I didn't know what seed it was and decided to plant it in my small backyard when my mom wasn't looking. She didn't like me going outside, especially if it involved touching dirt. My mother was sick and spent her day in her bed, with me cooking, cleaning, and answering phone calls from her work and relatives. After most of the chores were done I sneaked to the back door and opened it trying to use my mind to silence the squeakiness of the door. I let the door close behind me slowly as if laying a baby. The wind wasn't as harsh as usual and the sun was begging to decend into the horrizon. I walked slowly eyeing my mom's bedroom window as I listened to her sunday dramas. I tiptoed as if my mom was right behind me and held my breath in between every step. I held the seed deep in my palm and searched for a nice place to place the seed. 
   It took me a good twenty minutes or so to decide. Placing a seed seemed more and more important as I thought of it. If I put it near the fence it won't get enough sun but the soil is much more better there. If I put it near the broken garden knome it'll have dry rocky dirt but lots of sun. I honestly didn't have that much choices, my back yard was as big as an average bathroom. Then I began thinking, what in the world was this seed? If I planted it near the fence it could grow into a redwood tree! My mom would kill me. If the seed was a grape seed, I'd need to build some kind of structure. If the seed was an apple seed, it would grow and I would have juicy tender apples. But, what if I can't take care of the plant and it just dies after a few weeks? What if it doesn't grow at all? What if I have a growing plants disorder! I frowned at all these thoughts. I began grunting in frustration and pulling grass from the ground. Maybe grunting too hard.
    "Chasity! Chasity! Where on earth are you?", I winced at my mother's voice and quickly stood up and ran into the house forggeting about the squeaky door and I jumped at the loud bang behind me. I ran to the door of her room which was open widely. She didn't look all that good and I gave her a disgusted face, she responded with the same disgusted face which followed a tantrum.
    "Chasity! What on earth happened to you? And why did I hear the back door slam? Look at your dress and hands child! What did you do? Roll around back there?"
    I stood quiet as any eight year old little girl would do, with tears in her eyes and a large bottom lip. I slowly turned my head to my hands which was covere din small peices of torn grass and smudges of dirt. In my left hand was the seed burried deeply into my palm, going deeper as I squeezed it. 


© 2012 Unthinkable


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2012


Author

Unthinkable
Unthinkable

Daly City, CA



About
Its nice to speak of wonderful things, but its more interesting to speak of horrible things. more..

Writing
Leave. Leave.

A Book by Unthinkable