Love and Other Things

Love and Other Things

A Story by Minty

Other things,they are easy to get.he said looking out for his daughter.she was just a few yards away,playing with a soiled mass of cloth.Other things? my eyes questioned him and he understood.He took out a little doll from his coat pocket and showed it to me"other things" he murmured as he held out the doll to my face. It wasn't an extraordinary doll, just the one you could pick up from a sidewalk stall. he seemed to be happy nevertheless. This man worked worked 18 hours a day for 2 whole months to buy a doll for his daughter and how do i know? i am a regular at his cafe. you worked hard for this i said pointing at his burnt hands. "that doesn't matter" he said. "I''ve never been able to provide my kid the life she deserves. She never complains. The old rag you see in her hands? its a doll. I bought it ages ago,when she was born. Why did it take you so long to buy her one? I ask regretting immediately as his eyes sink deep. I needed to buy things, he said after what seemed like an eternity to me. I was about to open my mouth again but his daughter caught my attention. She was cute, with curly brown hair and big eyes trying to catch  her breath. She tugged at her fathers arm and in an instant she was in his lap,looking at him still holding the old doll in her hands. Here, he said and gave the new one to her ruffling her hair like only a father can.She ran to show off her new doll as he tucked the old one in his coat pocket. So, what is this thing that you won't find easily? I ask. he smiles and this times it reaches hie eyes. Love, he murmurs.

© 2014 Minty


Author's Note

Minty
aah! please ignore the punctuation :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014

Author

Minty
Minty

Hyderabad, India



About
I've been through fire and rain Critisism and blame try to pull me down but i rise again Shattered and broken ... I gather all the peices of my heart.. I've sworn to myself i'd never fall apart... more..

Writing
~Poem ~Poem

A Poem by Minty


Nyctophiliac Nyctophiliac

A Poem by Minty


Amber Amber

A Poem by Minty