A Report On Dragonstompers.

A Report On Dragonstompers.

A Story by Mip/John K. Brierley
"

I really like doing little journal stories on places such as this. I always find them interesting, and it helps me design worlds for my characters to have their adventures in. I hope you enjoy this.

"

This is a report on the residents of the planet Drafil in dimension Dragon Nexus, located in the northeast of the unimensions.
This report was written by unimensionally famous reporter Frelia Delphox, who is a proud member of the Forest Elves.

The residents of the planet Drafil, famous for the way they kill dragons, their natural enemy, and named after this technique, the Dragonstompers are a strange people.
I spoke with the current chief, Igneous Firefang, named after the rock he held onto the whole time while going through the Toughening.

"Let's talk about the Toughening first, that's the most argued topic about us in the whole unimensions. The Toughening is the process we put our children through when they become one year old. You see, we have to have skin more than tough enough to brave the dragon's claws, teeth, fangs, and flames. So, first we put them on a stick over a fire and bake them for a good bit every day. It helps us get used to the heat of fire, for even though we are naturally resistant to heat, we still feel it, and a 1000 degrees of heat is a 1000 degrees of heat. You'll freak out and die if you can't handle it. Every day we bring them lower and lower until they're bathing in it. Then we turn the heat up. When they're minds can handle the hottest flames, we begin toughening the body."

"And how do you do that?" I asked as he led me through the Toughening area.

"We punch them. To begin with anyway. They can handle fire, what is a punch to them? They don't think that after they get a punch from me, that's for sure. You can't hold back, cause dragons sure as hell won't. When they can handle our punches without even blinking, then we bring out the blades."

"The blades?" I asked.

"The blades, you see there, that boy looking at that blade like it's nothing? That's fearlessness. He's only three and already has no fear for weapons. That's what most people think you need to take on even the weakest dragon but that's not true. You need fear to be cautious. You see, the boy was cut. He fears the blade now, but it's a cautious fear, not an overcoming fear. When the boy gets past the man and through that door, he will move on to begin learning how to take on dragons and his fellow man."

Truly it is a strange site to see young boys and girls go through these grueling tests, but they are not inhumane to me anyway. None of them have failed. None of them have been even permanently hurt. They all will heal from their wounds. I must remind you this is a world that relies on technology and not magic, which would heal them much faster.
These people are a clan of warriors, a truly strange people, that is for sure. If you think these are inhumane, you haven't seen the dragons that live here. They make a Elder Dragon from any planet look like a newborn human baby.
We were attacked by dragons in the middle of the interview and I got to see the famous Dragonstomp technique in action.
Igneous is very muscular, so it was a great surprise to me to see him leap 20 feet in the air to land on the dragon's head. He then cut off the dragon's wings with a strange colored sword which I learned about later. He then jumped even higher than before in the air and stomped the dragon's spine, breaking it with ease. The dragon died instantly.
People instantly began harvesting the dragon's corpse for food, clothing, armor, and weaponry.
I was shocked by everyone being so nonchalant about it, especially since I, a respected archer of the elves, having been through 3 wars, screamed like I was 5 years old. I am not afraid to admit I did that, this dragon was as scary as could ever be.
Igneous laughed at my reaction and took me to his home to rest and eventually continue the interview.

"I would like to talk about that strange blade of yours." I said when I was ready to continue.

"Oh this? It's a scimitar made from dragon claws, the hilt made in it's bones. It's sharp enough to cut through and if necessary, I can flip it over to the blunt side, where you can see it's made from it's scales, and bash a dragon's brains in if the Dragonstomp doesn't work. I hope you understand now why the Toughening is necessary. I didn't like it either, but when I faced my first dragon, I was thankful for it. It was a fearsome fella, almost as big as the one just now. I wasn't strong enough to the Dragonstomp just yet either. I had to rely on my blade, my wits, and my agility. This blade is made from him, you know? I used my father's blade to kill my first dragon, and then got to craft my own blade with parts from my dragon. I crafted armor from him as well, but unlike my father, I prefer light armor so I used only the scales. The scales are light and very durable, very good for armor and blunt weapons. The bones are better of course but much heavier. The only thing I made with the bones was my helmet, which I made with my dragon's skull. The rest I still have, minus the meat of course, it being a delicacy and all."

After this I asked about the selecting process.

"I always liked the selecting process, even as a kid. I knew it was necessary because it showed what you're best for. I was determined to be a jack of all trades, by wife was determined to be a scientist, my brother was determined to be reserved for heavy labor and the toughest of dragons, his strength necessary to snap their spines. My wife has killed dragons, don't doubt that, but with science. I've always preferred a blade to a gun, but maybe that's because I like to impress. My wife was the one to invent dragon piercing bullets."

"Your wife is Julia Rosenfurg?" I exclaimed, shocked.

"Thought you'd recognize her just by that alone." He said, obviously very proud of his wife.

"She's currently working on a way for the body not to be destroyed as much by the bullet, but everyone knows that of course, I always thought it was fascinating the bullets were made from the bone and not the claw or fang. They're very expensive too as well. I'd say they improved conditions here immensely but yet the rate our people pop out newer and more effective ways to kill dragons, I can't. Just recently, my son, Nathaniel, discovered that certain breeds of dragons, such as the Faerieblaster, have their wings linked to their eyes. If you cut a dragon's eyes, it's just like cutting off their wings, but now we get all of the wing with half the work."

"You must be very proud of him."

"I certainly am."

I decided to talk to his son, and he was an impressive site for a 11 year old, already as tall as his father, and getting taller.

"Was the Toughening difficult?" I asked him for my first question.

"Not as tough as my first dragon. Without it, I would've died from the flames, or his claws, or just about anything really."

"And what are you crafting right now?"

"Oh, two rapiers. I made a Greatsword for my first weapon, this'll be my second and third, I designed them for speed and to pierce the dragon's scales straight into the heart, so they're going to be at least 4 feet. I'm about 7 feet tall, and our people are all very tall, compared to everyone else. The tallest ever was about 15 feet I believe, and was 9 feet by my age. He was a blacksmith mostly."

This is a clan of warriors, as I said before. A very respected clan with their only enemy being dragons. This is Frelia Delphox, bringing you the interesting and true stories of the unimensions.

© 2014 Mip/John K. Brierley


Author's Note

Mip/John K. Brierley
I saw the grammar errors, but I posted this on another site, and I thought, screw it, if I can't correct it on there, I won't here either. It's newgrounds and you can't edit posts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014
Tags: Unimensions

Author

Mip/John K. Brierley
Mip/John K. Brierley

Deadville, IL



About
I'm a writer with big ideas and no motivation to put them down. Hopefully you don't mind younger me's writing cause compared to current me's, it's ramen noodles. more..

Writing