Veil

Veil

A Story by DoctorX
"

I want to forever live in an illusion...

"
My tired eyes open slowly. I am no longer surprised by the scene for I have finally realized that these dreams are just a fantasy. A cruel fantasy that satisfies my hunger for freedom but I know that they will soon disappear and I will be left with nothing. I can no longer feel the soft and gentle warmth of the sun. I can no longer hear the hidden secrets of the wind and gradually everything I see is becoming dull and elusive. I am quietly picking up the pieces of my worn out mask. As happiness swiftly escapes from my grasp to find a new lover. I am reluctant in chasing after it for I know that what I am chasing will forever be a distant mirage. Placing the fragile pieces together, I've re-created my cherished mask,placing it over my tired,expressionless face. My shadow is no longer restrained, as it dances with such light steps along with the madness of despair. I glance at the bright,blue sky as it feverishly gets devoured by the benevolent night. Time's valuable last seconds are nearly up for it is time for me to go back to the malicious life where I forget my true self, for having an illusion as a future is far more pleasant then having the internal terrors of reality tormenting me with every single step I take.

© 2015 DoctorX


Author's Note

DoctorX
I know that I may have some grammar problems here and there that I can't identify but I appreciate all comments,tips and critic.
Also, what do you think this should be called..?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great piece. I think "Veil" could work well for this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DoctorX

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Veil huh...?
I like that, my gosh, that sounds marvelous. Thank yo.. read more
rociobelindamendez

9 Years Ago

haha anytime x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Added on April 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 2, 2015
Tags: Short story, Dreaming

Author

DoctorX
DoctorX

Japan



About
Hello~! v(OwO-) You may either call me DoctorX or Mirai. Despite the fact that I am sort of at the lowest point right now due to a health issue,writing is always my escape and I love to express my f.. more..

Writing
untitle untitle

A Poem by DoctorX


Mum Mum

A Poem by DoctorX


The Girl The Girl

A Story by DoctorX