Chapter 1 (Chinese Treasures)

Chapter 1 (Chinese Treasures)

A Chapter by Mirlin
"

Arthur, a fearless pirate captain, managed to find a map to the Chinese imperial treasures. There is just one thing that he need to get it. Blood from the Chinese imperial bloodline.

"

A sigh passed Yao’s lips when he stared at his empty inkstone. Of course he always ran out of ink whenever he had to sign a pile of paperwork.

He carefully placed his brush next to the inkstone, making sure that the ink drenched tip would not touch the important documents on his desk.

The Chinese emperor pushed his chair back quietly and stood up. With quick steps he walked to a black wooden cupboard that stood against the wall. He opened the drawers one by one, searching for a last jar of ink, but he seemed to be out of luck.

A little bit irritated he looked through the room, unwittingly seeing the red walls and the golden symbols that were drawn on them. The palace was already dynasties old, created and protected by his ancestors.

While Yao’s thoughts drifted off to his ancestors, he forgot the pile of work he still had to do for a moment. His eyes slide over the symbols that were engraved in the table, chair and the cupboards. He looked at the jade vases and a porcelain teapot that stood on his desk. The teapot had been a birthday present from his younger brother Jin. It was already years ago, but he still used it every single day.

The steam of the hot tea within the teapot broke free through the spout and reminded Yao that he hadn’t had a single cup of tea yet. He decided that he could use a little break before he would continue his work and walked to his chair, yet he never  got the chance to sit down.

The door of the study swung open and two guards walked in. They quickly bowed before their emperor and one explained why they had to disturb Yao during his work.

“Your majesty Wang. The English pirates broke through the front gate, they are on their way here. We will escort you through the back of the palace.”

Yao was taken by surprise yet the words came through quickly. He walked to the corner of his study and took his sword from its stand. “Where is Jin?” He asked, concerned about his brother.

“We are escorting him to the back, sire.” The guard answered.

“Good.” Yao answered. “Make sure everyone gets out safety. I do not need an escort outside. Also do not try to protect value objects.” Yao did not care about the value of his possessions, the safety of his people was more important to him than anything else. Besides the most value objects belong to the Chinese treasure. A treasure buried far away for no one to be found.

“Of course, sire.” Both guards said. They turned around and walked out of the room, but never came far.

Two gun shots sounded in the hallway. Yao turned himself to the door and saw two pirates walked in, both aiming their gun at him. One had dirty dreadlocks framing his face, while the other had long messy hair that he kept out of his face with a dark red bandana. Yao drew his sword in a split second and held it in both hands next to his face, ready to defend himself.

A third pirate walked in calmly. There was no doubt that it was the pirate captain. Compared to the other two pirates the captain looked more refined. He wore a long red coat with golden fringes and a black pirate hat with a high white plume. His short blond hair was messy, but not as dirty as the hair of the other two pirates.

There was only one thing that stood out more than the captain’s clothes and that were his thick eyebrows. While Yao looked at them, he noticed his was estimating if they were twice or three-times as thick as normal eyebrows. Yet it wasn’t ill suiting together with his emerald green eyes, eyes that looked at him with a glistering of sadistic enjoyment in them.

The pirate captain came closer with slow but large steps, not affected by the thread of Yao’s blade.

Yao’s heart was beating rapidly in his chest, he was outnumbered. He could fight three men at the same time if at least two of them would be average fighters, but with the knowledge that they broke into the palace without any problem, that option became highly doubtable.

The thick browed captain walked past Yao towards the emperor’s chair. He sat down, placed one leg over the other and slide his eyes to the Chinese emperor before him. “His imperial majesty Wang Yao, the emperor of the great and mighty China. It’s a long and high title for a man of your size.”

Yao wasn’t affected by the insult, among his people he was of an average height. Besides, length had nothing to do with strength.

“Take whichever value item that you find, but leave my palace and my people alone.” Yao spoke loud and clear. He kept a confident attitude in front of the pirate. With piercing eyes he stared at him, not looking away a single moment and barely blinking. Never he would show an enemy the fear he felt.

The pirate smirked widely. “No item nor treasure inside your palace is worthy enough for me, Yao. I want more than your worthless vases or the gold that your ancestors used to decorate your palace with.”

Yao fought the urge to lick his lips nervously. There was only one thing that he could think of the pirate was aiming for, yet he had always been told that the royal treasures were kept secret from everyone outside of the imperial bloodline. “Why are you disturbing the peace in my palace?”

“I wouldn’t have done it if the guards at the gate let me through right away. You could be a bit more welcoming, Yao.” The pirate complained not even trying to whip his smirk of his face.

Yao clenched his hands tighter around the handle of his blade. His blood was boiling, how dared that filthy pirate call him inhospitable. “I will not welcome a man that calls an emperor by his first name without properly introducing himself.” Yao forced himself to speak the words calmly.

The pirate leaned forward with his elbows on his legs. “And I will not introduce myself to a man that draws his sword at me. It rather makes me want to cut your throat, Yao.” He emphasised Yao’s name.

Yao did not react to the threat, he knew that the pirate captain needed him, otherwise he would have killed him the moment he walked in.

There was a moment of silence in which both, the British pirate and the Chinese emperor, stared at each other. In a battle for dominance they both waited until the other would give in and look away, but neither of them did.

A fourth pirate walked in. “Captain.” He said and waited for his captain to answer.

The British captain simply raised his hand, not looking away from Yao.

“Aye, captain.” The pirate said and waited in the doorframe.

The pirate captain changed position, as if the other pirate had been a sign that he could move again.  He stuck his hand into his coat and revealed a scroll. “As you probably already figured, I’m here for a reason.” He started and unrolled the map on top of the document Yao had been working on just before. “You see, I found this map and ever since I found it I have this urge to find it no matter what.” He leaned with his elbows on Yao’s desk and smirked widely at the Chinese emperor.

Yao quickly slide his eyes to the map, keeping all four pirates in the corners of his eyes and still aimed his sword at the captain. He stared at the Chinese riddles and tried to decode the coordinates. That was until he figured where the map was leading the pirates to. In a split second he stood before the pirate captain, holding the sharp point of his sword a mere inch away from the pirates throat. At the same moment two of the pirates at the door stood next to Yao, aiming their guns at his head.

“Where did you find that map!?” Yao snapped. The coordinates on the map lead directly to the Chinese treasure. The riddles were easy to decode for him, because  he had been to the place before and knew how to get there. He knew exactly which and how to open or disarm the gates, pathways and traps within the miles long cave.

The pirate captain -who hadn’t moved a muscles since Yao pointed his blade at his throat, apparently not impressed by Yao’s threat- grinned satisfied. “You seem to know what I’m talking about.” He confirmed amused.

“How much do you know?” Yao almost hissed between his teeth. He ignored the guns against his head completely.

The pirate leaned back in Yao’s chair and crossed his arms before his chest. “I’ve been in the cave, only to figure that I needed something to open the gate.” He answered. “And you know what that is, don’t you, Yao?”

“I will never give away those secrets.” Yao spit out. Of course he knew what they needed. Blood. His blood, but he wouldn’t give it to them.

“Blood of the Chinese imperial bloodline.” The pirate captain said smirking. “I already know and that is exactly why I’m taking you with me.”

Yao’s was shocked that the pirates already knew that much about the treasure. He narrowed eyes before he spoke again. “I will never come with you.”

The pirate captain licked his lips enjoyable. “Aye, I already figured you wouldn’t come willingly. That is why I brought a little tool with me.” He signalled the pirate at the door with a small hand gesture.

Yao, who had expected that the pirate would come back with a torture tool, gasped shocked when a fifth pirate walked in with Jin. Jin’s hands were tied together and the pirate, who brought him in, pressed a long and filthy dagger against the throat of the Chinese prince. Yet Jin did not show fear nor anything else, except his uninterested expression, like always.

“Jin!” Yao called out shocked, before he looked back at the pirate captain. “Don’t you dare hurting him!” He hissed. He grabbed the handle of his sword even tighter, not noticing that his knuckles were turning white.

The pirate smirked. “Lower your blade, I don’t like to negotiate when threatened.”

Yao licked his lips nervously, he did not want to lower his blade, though he did not thrust the pirates with Jin either.

As if the pirate captain could hear Yao’s thoughts, he turned to Jin slightly, before he looked back at Yao with his head crooked to the side.

Yao closed his eyes for a moment. He had to choose between the life of his younger brother and the imperial treasure. When he opened his eyes again, he lowered his blade with a sigh. He could never sacrifice his own brother for value objects.

His sword was taken from him, leaving him armless between pirates who had only two things in mind. Blood shedding and treasures.

The captain stood up from Yao’s chair and walked closer to him. The pirates who aimed their guns at Yao, took a few steps back, but kept aiming at his head, making sure that he wouldn’t run away.

The pirate captain lifted Yao’s face with his hand. “I’m sure his imperial majesty the prince would become an excellent Emperor.” He said in a sadistic tone.

Yao didn’t looked up surprised nor shocked when the captain decided to take him with him without negotiating, because he knew what other option there was. Jin was the only one that shared the same blood, what meant the choice was the prince or the emperor.

The pirate captain turned to the door. “Let’s take our royal guest to the ship, shall we?” He smirked at his fellow pirates.

The other pirates laughed hatefully and roughly pushed Yao to get him moving.

Yao looked hateful over his shoulder to the pirate who pushed him and walked to the door. He stopped when he walked past Jin and pulled him in a tight embrace burying his face in the crook of his brother’s neck.

The captain suddenly turned to around. “You two.” He pointed at two pirates. “Stay with the prince, until I send the message that you can let him go.”

Yao turned abruptly to the pirate captain. “Don’t you dare touch him!” He hissed. “You got me already, you don’t need him as well.”

The captain turned to Yao and smirked. “Don’t worry. As long as you follow my orders, nothing will happen too your dear little brother.”

Two pirates grabbed Yao rough by the arm and pulled him along, out of his study and the palace and brought him to the ship that was waiting for their arrival.


Once on board, the pirates let go of Yao’s arm and left him alone on the deck. Yao rubbed his arms knowing that they would be red from the firm grip of the pirates. There was no doubt that they were going to bruise. A little lost he looked around, he had no clue where the captain was, nor where he had to sleep or could sit to think over the events of the day.

“Aye mates!” The voice of the pirate captain sounded above the noise of the pirates. “Weigh anchor! We’re going to get our treasure!”

A loud cheerful “Yarr” came from the massive group of pirates on the deck and soon they started with their work.

Yao ignored it and worked himself into the direction the captain’s voice. When he managed to get through the massive mob of pirates, the captain was already almost at this cabin. Yao took a short sprint and grabbed his arm. “You still didn’t introduce yourself nor did you tell me where I can rest during the night.” He said annoyed. “A real gentleman would at least tell me as much.”

Yao regretted his action as soon as the captain pinned him against the wooden wall of the cabin and stuck a knife into the wood only a few inched away from Yao’s head. Where he got the knife from was a mystery to Yao, but it remind him that it was better to think before he act. “The name is Arthur Kirkland, but it’ll be mister Kirkland or captain for you.” The pirated said strict. “You are now a member of my crew and as the newest member your task is to keep the deck clean. If you know what is good for you, you’ll start right now.”

Yao’s heart was beating rapidly in his chest, yet he didn’t let a filthy pirate order him around. “I’m here to give you that treasure and for no other reason. I will not clean any deck.” He told the captain loud and clear.

Arthur smirked. “It’s either cleaning the deck or joining me in my cabin.” He said licking his lips. He placed a hand on Yao’s hip and slide it up, taking the fabric of the dark red Chinese shirt along, revealing some skin through the splits in the side of the shirt. “You may not be a woman, but you’re sure looking like one and I’m sure your skin will feel just as smooth.”

A satisfied cheer came from the other pirates and even a few "to Yao’s disgust- dared to whistle at the sight of his skin. They had stopped working as soon as their captain had pinned the Chinese emperor against the wall. Neither of them wanted to miss anything from their captain’s rage towards the emperor.

Yao turned pale and attempted to slap the pirate captain in the face. “I’m no lady of pleasure.” He answered, trying to avoid the word ‘w***e’.

Arthur caught Yao’s arm and bowed grinning towards his ear. “No.” He whispered in his ear. “You’re even better.” He let go of Yao’s arm, took a step back and smirked at the Chinese emperor. “Give our beloved emperor a bucket and a mop. He still has a lot of work before he can go to sleep.”

Yao glared at Arthur, but didn’t say a word, knowing that it wasn’t going to help him in his current situation.

“As for your sleeping place. You can sleep with me in my cabin or with the crew.” Arthur informed and before Yao could react he added: “I’m sure my crew will share my opinion about your appearance. It’ll be your choose. My crew or me.” He smirked sadistic. “You’ll have enough time to think about it. Your work will not be done any time soon.” With that he turned to his cabin and closed the door.

That very same moment a bucket and a mop were thrown into Yao’s direction. In a reflex his duck away from them, not wanted to be hit by them. He had to force himself to pick them up and shook his head irritated when he started his search for water, maybe it was best just to bare with it until they would arrive at the hidden island.

 

It was already dark for hours when Yao was finally done cleaning. It had took him twice as long to clean the deck, only because the pirates had done everything to annoy him all day long. They had dirtied the places where he had already cleaned on purpose and had been walking in his way all the time. That was why he had been glad when the last pirates left the deck to go to sleep. After that he had been done in no time.

During cleaning he had decided that he would search for a spot on the deck itself to sleep. There was no way that he would sleep in the same bed as Arthur nor in the same room as the other filthy pirates. Yet he seemed out of luck when it suddenly start to rain.

Yao kicked away the bucket he had used before -to clean the deck- and walked exhausted, sodden and irritated to Arthur’s cabin. He would never sleep together with the captain, but he could always search for a spot in some corner. At least it would be dry and probably a lot warmer then on the deck.

He carefully and quietly opened the door, not wanting to wake the pirate captain. There was no doubt that the pirate captain would try to force him in bed as soon as he noticed Yao walked in.

The room Yao walked in was a larger room then he had expected, yet ever square meter was seized with objects that the pirate probably stole from many different places, making the room a lot smaller.

In the middle of the room stood a large round table. The table was filled with golden plates, silver cutlery and glasses decorated with many different kind of valuable minerals.

On the right of the room was a bookshelf and in the left corner was a bed, barely large enough to fit two people in. It confirmed Yao’s decision not to sleep in it together with Arthur.

Then Yao saw Arthur sitting before his desk "on the left of the room- staring at paperwork that lay before his nose. Whether it was a map or something else, Yao could not see.

The captain’s hat and coat were hanging on a pin on the wall, what left Arthur in only a white blouse and a dark leather pants.

The Chinese emperor, was a little shocked that Arthur was still awake. He carefully closed the door, because he thought Arthur hadn’t notice him yet. Maybe he could quietly crawl in a corner before the pirate would look up. He walked on his toes to the corner on his right. It was as far away from the bed as possible and it was probably the only corner that was not packed with Arthur’s stuff.

“The bed is on the other side of the room.” Arthur suddenly said.

Yao froze in shock. Quickly he looked over his shoulder, but Arthur did not look up from his work and continued staring at whatever he was staring at.

“I’m not going to your bed.” Yao said and sat down in the corner he had picked.

“Then what are you doing here?” Arthur asked with a slightly irritated tone.

“Shelter for the rain.” Yao said and tried to find a way to sleep as comfortable as possible.

Arthur shove his chair back and took a few steps into Yao’s direction. “I don’t believe I ever allowed you to sleep in my cabin as long as it is not in my bed.” Arthur glanced irritated at Yao. “Undress, dry yourself and go to bed.” He quickly ordered.

Yao, who wasn’t planning to sleep next to the pirate, stared angry at Arthur. “I’ll never sleep with you.” He said and stood up, walking to the door. If he wasn’t allowed to sleep on the ground in Arthur’s cabin, than he would create his own spot on the deck. It would never be as dry as it was in the cabin, but maybe he could find a way to block out the rain just slightly.

Arthur walked after him and pushed against the door when Yao tried to open it. He bowed to Yao’s neck and pressed his nose against his skin.

Goose bumps covered Yao’s body. He could smell the sweat of Arthur’s body, meaning that he really needed to take a bath. “You smell terrible.” He mentioned without thinking about it.

Arthur took a deep breath and buried his nose into Yao’s wet hair. “You do not.” He mumbled against the Chinese emperor’s skin.

Yao shivered and was just planning to push Arthur away from him and run outside when Arthur spoke again. “Go to bed, Yao. I already slept and will not join you tonight. Sleep, you’ll need it. You have to keep the deck clean tomorrow.”

Yao kept quiet for a short moment, not sure if he could trust the pirates words. He chuckled sarcastically. “And how will I know you won’t rape me in my sleep?” He tried to duck away from Arthur’s face, but the pirate kept him on his place, only pressing his nose closer to his neck.

Arthur chuckled as well, only a lot more satisfied than Yao had done. “I want them willingly, Yao. I want them to scream my name when they come. I want them to beg for me. You won’t beg for me. Not yet that is.” He whispered in the emperor’s ear.

Yao closed his eyes when Arthur told him that. It was exactly what he didn’t want to hear from the filthy pirate. “I will never beg for you.” He growled to the doorframe.

Arthur pressed his body against Yao and pressed a kissed against the crook of his neck. “Never say never, Yao.” He said and then stepped away from the Chinese male.

Yao let out a shuddering breath. He brought his hand to the place the pirate just kissed and tried to rub away the filthy feeling. He turned around and stared at Arthur’s back, until he sat down behind his desk again.

A moment Yao doubted what he should do. Of course he would rather sleep in a bed, yet he was not sure if the pirate was trustworthy enough.

Still doubting, he walked to the bed in the other corner of the room. Once there he heard Arthur getting up from his chair. Within a second, Yao turned around. He bend slightly through his knees, stretched one arm with the palm of his hand in Arthur direction, while his other hand was still in front of his chest, ready to attack Arthur whenever he came to close.

But Arthur did not come into his direction, he walk to the other side of the room and grabbed two pieces of cloth from the table. Then he walked to Yao and threw the cloths on the bed. He stared at Yao for a few more second before he turned around and sat back behind his desk.

Yao was a little surprised and turned himself to the cloths Arthur gave him. The first one was just a simple cloth and Yao assumed he had to dry himself with it. The second cloth seemed to be a long nightdress. Yao glared at Arthur’s back. “I’m no woman, I will not wear this.” He growled irritated.

“I’m not keeping you from sleeping naked.” Arthur said without looking over his shoulder. He took a piece of paper and wrote something down with a long white writing feather.

Yao bit his lip and shook his head. Sleeping naked with a pirate around was probably worse than wearing a nightdress. He quickly looked over his shoulder again -making sure the pirate wasn’t looking at him- and then took of his sodden dark red shirt.

He dried himself with the cloth, until he felt two eyes staring at his him. He did not dare to look over his shoulder, scared that he would met with seductive eyes. He quickly took the nightdress from the bed and pulled it over his head, even before he took off his pants.

Still feeling Arthur’s eyes on his back, he pulled his white sodden pants down, making sure that the nightdress would cover everything that should be covered. He got rid of his shoes before he could pull his pants off and dried his legs and feet with the cloth.

The last thing he did was taking the fibre, that kept his long dark hair together in a ponytail, out of his hair and dry his manes.

Yao could feel that Arthur turned away and soon he heard the scratching of the writing feather on the paper again. He took a deep relieved breath and grabbed his wet clothes. Not sure what to do with them, he draped them over a chair that stood next to the round table in the middle of the room. Slowly he walked to the bed and crawled into it. The sweaty smell in the bed was exactly the same as he had smelled on Arthur, it made him wonder when the bed was cleaned last time. He almost gagged at the idea and forced himself not to think about it.

It took him a whole hour before he managed to do so and slowly fell asleep, hoping that Arthur would keep his promise not to join him in bed.



© 2012 Mirlin


Author's Note

Mirlin
I still do not have a beta, so please beware of the grammar mistakes.
Also, I do know that it's normally impossible for a pirate to get into a palace this quickly and easily. (This is what happen when I try to write a chapter in a single day :'D) I did not change it because it would completely change the story. I hope you can look past this mistake.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012
Tags: Pirates, Empires, Treasures


Author

Mirlin
Mirlin

Netherlands



About
I write for about 6 years now, but I still have A LOT to learn! So please be patient with me! Also I'm one of the slowest writers in existence, sometimes it takes me 5 months to write 1 chapter. Ti.. more..

Writing