The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

A Story by MissThomas
"

I wasn't sure whether or not this belongs in the 'story' section, 'poem' section or either of them at all :/

"
Standing literally on the thin line between ‘love’ and ‘hate’. The view from here should be disgusting; it’s not.

My toes are in the ‘love’ half. All ten of them. This means that all that is in front of me is love. I’ve currently got my back to ‘hate’ and I’m not ready to face it yet, I’m too much of a coward. ‘Love’ knows what is coming though, it knows that my farewell looms. In anticipation of my departure, love’s backdrop is a city sunset. Beyond the line my toes have crept over, beyond the line my body intersects, everything is serene. The skyscrapers pierce the orange sky and the birds float across where the orange begins to fade to lilac, but everything is serene. The city is so far away it has been muted and the rush hour traffic looks like nothing more than flies zipping along the intersections, the paint-work of cars glistening in the setting sun. It’s beautiful, a perfect picture. Then �" cut.

I can feel hate breathing its icy-cold breath down my neck. It’s urging, inviting me to turn and face it, look it square in the eye. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I hunch my shoulders. I dig my toes into love. I plant them firmly, tightly. They don’t want to let go. They know that they can’t do much, they’re tiny toes but they’re adamant they don’t want to let go and will put up a fight. The ground beneath my heels starts to give way and I lean back, I surrender to hate, not knowing what will cushion my fall. It’s an anti-leap-of-faith.

© 2010 MissThomas


Author's Note

MissThomas
This was just a bit of emotional experimentation

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this twice, just seeing if it would change it's meaning a bit the second time through. It is pretty straight forth like any emotional piece should be and while reading it, I was able to feel just a little bit of peace. Surprisingly it wasn't when you were talking about love... but the leap to hatred was the thing that brought peace. When you fight against your feelings they can be so hurtful, so why not just embrace them and carry them around proudly like a badge. Good Write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010

Author

MissThomas
MissThomas

London, United Kingdom



About
I think, I feel, I write - my journal is my life. I read anything and everything, but at the moment, am fixated on both reading and writing romantic fiction; mostly of a very dark nature. I am a f.. more..

Writing
The Streets The Streets

A Story by MissThomas


Flames Flames

A Story by MissThomas