Female Doctor

Female Doctor

A Story by Missy Moooooo
"

So my creative writing teacher gave us this thing that we needed to have certain random objects in, and certain word for word quotes. It was a blast to write. Thank you for reviewing. <3

"

I miss college, Sierra thought as she threw her medical schoolbooks on the floor of her 2009 Kia Forte. She was almost through her first of many years in medical school and she has no clue why she decided on being a Doctor. Sierra Stanley was 22 years old, and for the past three months she has been the only female doctor in her class. At this point most girls her age were on their way to creating a family, and caring for her children. She knew that this was going to prolong her from having children until she is done with medical school. She remembers back to Graduation day from Lock Haven University, she was so happy to be dressed in all white, with that graduation tassel hanging off of the side. That tassel meant a lot to young Sierra, it meant that she would be moving on from college, that it was time to finally grow up. To Sierra, growing up was going to be hard, but she knew that this was what was best since she wanted to be a Doctor, even if medical school is hard for her.  

It’s a three day weekend, and Sierra has decided to go home to her family, she was sick of studying all of the time.  It was a three-hour drive to her house, and she knew that she would never hear the end of this. Her mother, Elise Stanley was used to always taking the train everywhere. But with where they live that’s common. She has to stop at home and grab her luggage, than go to the store to buy food on the way. Her boy friend, Drew was going to meet her at their house so they can head on to her home.

 “Hey babe.”  Drew smiled when she walked into the apartment, noting her facial expression of anger. “You ready?” He walked closer to her, and tried to snag a kiss from her.

“Maybe tomorrow because today is just…blah.” She backed away from Drew and had started walking towards their bedroom.

“We’re already packed, your family’s looking forward to this Sierra. And I know you are, so am I.”

“Drew, you don’t understand the pain and the frustration of being a Doctor entitles. “ She looked at Drew and cried. She felt worthless, and was ready to quit. The tests for medical school are excruciating, and she was done taking them already.

“Did you forget that I was in Law School?”

“No, I know that. But that is not as hard.”

“Sierra this is why we never got married before you got into med-school, because of the time consumption of Law School. I know how it is to be angry with your professors. Do not worry.” He reached down and grabbed her hand and played with her engagement ring. The two lovers put a hold on the wedding for a while, until they get enough money to move into a real house not an apartment. Drew got Sierra to settle down and she finally got a good look at what he was wearing, a Metallica T shirt, and it was his favorite shirt she reminded herself. She didn’t see how one could wear the same shirt all of the time, talk about time consumption.

“Fine, lets leave before I change my mind. Mom needs me to stop at the store to buy Auburn hair dye so I can die my sister’s hair for her. And-”

“And we need 10 bottles of Gatorade for your grandfather.” He laughed, she had been repeating herself all week since she spoke with her family about coming down for the weekend.

Drew drove for the first few hours, the two of them switched when they stopped at the Rest Stop in Central Pennsylvania, their about 230 miles from home, Lock Haven PA. Sierra smiled at the thought of being home. Lock Haven was the perfect mixture between a Police Car and a Cow.  The only thing she wishes she could do with out was her little sister and her love for Justin Beiber. Sierra jumped happily out of her Kia when they got to the rest stop, she wanted to buy a banana, she didn’t care about what she was going to eat. She just loved to eat bananas.  A short five minutes later, Sierra came back with Nachos. “The bananas didn’t look too appealing, so I bought nachos instead.” She bounced with joy as she was putting on her seatbelt.

“You have the weirdest appetite.” He laughed nudging her.

“I know, isn’t it crazy?” Sierra smiled stuffing her face.

“I love you.” Drew exclaimed.

“Drew! These shoes smell like garbage!” She looked down at his bare feet, he had his shoes and socks off.

“I was thinking we could open a window.” He laughed.

You should have taken the train…” she laughed mocking her mother, he noted that instantly, and just stared at her trying not to laugh. Finally bursting with laughter they both went and continued on home. 

© 2013 Missy Moooooo


Author's Note

Missy Moooooo
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good TWINNY!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Missy Moooooo

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
Cute! I loved it!:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Missy Moooooo

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
&#10084; Maggie &#10084;

11 Years Ago

:)
most ironic content with good pulp, witty one.the style of your writing is amazing me...this story seeming like an originality,the burdens and time constrain's of a doctor student and the cool stufff.....the ending made me laugh!! kip write

Posted 11 Years Ago


Missy Moooooo

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I was pretty proud of my project. Thank you.
NITHIN PURPLE

11 Years Ago

Tis is good!!
Missy Moooooo

11 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013

Author

Missy Moooooo
Missy Moooooo

Cowtown ;) , PA



About
18, Freshman in College Criminal Justice Major :DDD more..

Writing