Preface

Preface

A Chapter by MistyKarma
"

The Preface of Imagine It

"

Imagine.

A funny word if I could say so myself. A word that I despised if I should pick any words that described my feelings towards it. I didn’t possess this incredible trait that gave regular humans their own identity. I remember drawing pictures in kindergarten and after an hour of thinking of what to draw and coming up blank I would draw squares. And when others would display their masterpieces I grew green with envy. I thought I had a problem. You see my mother was gifted in creativity as she was a graphic designer and my dad didn’t fall short from her as he was a construction worker that helped make blueprints and set up designs for houses. I always thought that well I just missed out on that trait, a trait that nowadays I loathe.

 

Imagine a girl.

I had a little sister. A sister that was perfect in every way from the time she was born to the time that she is now, the age of nine. She was beautiful firstly. Lovely auburn colored hair that went on to her shoulders and was naturally wavy. Perfectly almond rounded eyes of a deep chocolate that were always twinkling with delight. A beautiful white smile that hid behind rosy pink lips that was always in a smiling position. She had a friendly disposition and a more than helpful attitude. We would have to remind her numerous of times that she couldn’t help anyone; she would be the one to run up to a homeless person and give them all her money if needed.

 

Imagine a world.

I despised her. Not particularly her looks as I gave her compliments and adored her for them. Not particularly her friendly attitude as that was the reason I could tell her anything and be content that I would never be judged by her. Neither did I despise her for her other positive personality traits and attitudes that only added to this beautiful creature that I was proud to call my sister. No I despised one trait of her’s and that was her imagination, her creativity. She could create a world in under two seconds and the world would be more complicated and beautiful than anything on Earth. She had the gift of both of my parents and then some.

 

Imagine a life.

I tried to not let that tiny bit of hatred show as she loved showing us her masterpieces and what not; she loved talking about what she did or dreamed of. I would sit quietly and pick at my food whenever this happened, feeling my heart hurt as I tried to imagine her worlds and came up unsuccessful. I didn’t know how much creativity and imagination could impact one until my sister came along. That’s when I realized that my life seemed incomplete without it. Could you imagine a life without this trait? Could you imagine a life without being able to dream and think of things that you could call your own?

 

Of course you can’t who could imagine such a thing? Who could imagine it?




© 2013 MistyKarma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha I love the way you ended it. This is a really good piece, and I'm eagerly looking forward to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: imagination, fantasy, creativity, dream, believe, sisters, fiction, world


Author

MistyKarma
MistyKarma

Reality, GA



About
I'm a young aspiring writer that finds refuge in writing and reading. I'm a huge fan of animals and will probably cry for an animal before a human, sad I know. I absolutely love horses and have some a.. more..

Writing