The Choice

The Choice

A Chapter by MT
"

Luca 's one chose led to the unraveling of his whole world

"
 Prologue - The sound was deafening; it took me back. Not knowing what to make of it, whether I should go in the house. Or walk away knowing that it's my fault. Could I live with that guilt on my chest? Before I could make a decision. Three vehicles came to my left. One guy walked out, he had a small build and looked as if he was playing video games in his mom's basement. However, he held a M4A1, a military issue. Seconds later other men followed, they walked in a synchronized pattern, almost as if they were choreographed, or trained. The first man signaled his man to go around back. As he carefully opened the broken door. I got to get out of there, my heart was beating outside my chest, but my body stayed calm. When he had gone inside the house I quickly ran to my car. The keys were still in the house. My brows furrowed, trying to devise a plan that could hopefully not end up with me in a body bag. I went to the vehicles that had just come. Praying to God that they left their keys lying around somewhere, or that the door was open, so I could hotwire the car. The first two cars were locked, but the third one, the door, hadn't been closed properly, allowing me to sneak in. There were no keys, but I could hot wire a car, thanks to Ms. Polanski's teaching. It took me about two minutes, but I successfully had the car running. I started the engine and went down the road as quietly as I could Hoping no one heard the engine mur as I sped out off. Unfamiliar with the roads I kept driving until I reached the city. When I saw other cars going around me a relief washed over. Whomever car I took would have probably noticed by now, it's been about 25 minutes, however, I saw no one in my peripheral. I took the car to a parking lot, allowing me to look around for clues on who these people might be. I found a Phone and pistol in the glove box. I took the phone not wanting to grab the pistol, my fingerprints were not needed on this weapon. The phone was password protected as expected. I took the SIM card off, trying to find some sort of clue as to who barged in. I got out of the car and just walked until my legs couldn't take it anymore, I ended up at a bed and breakfast. I walked in finally feeling safe and went to the clerk. Can I get one room for tonight? The clerk was a lady in her sixties, yeah 90 dollars. I pulled out my wallet, and began, making my way upstairs. As To be expected it was a S**t hole of a motel, it was wrecked of mold, but it had a bed, so I could lay down and gather my taking in all that I had witnessed hours ago. Who were those guys, were they police, FBI, Swat, or CIA? How could my life have changed so much? Three weeks ago, I was walking down the red carpet with my degree in my hand. Now I'm running for my life, possibly leaving the only people who could answer my questions in the house with some uninvited guests. I guess I have to go back to the source.


© 2023 MT


Author's Note

MT
Just the first draft of the prologue. Critic are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 6, 2023
Last Updated on November 6, 2023
Tags: Adventure, Betrayal, Friendship, Criminal


Author

MT
MT

About
New Writer more..

Writing
The Choice The Choice

A Book by MT