The Moment..

The Moment..

A Story by Mizzfizz96
"

How a girl finds herself suffocated and destroyed by love.

"

I still remember it as if it were yesterday, which considering my memory is astonishing. I entered a room in which the audience was completely captivated by this one person sitting in the middle; I didn’t have to try hard to fathom the discussion since the room itself was reflecting political energy. I glanced towards the speaker unaware of how he would bewitch my body and soul in less than three months. He was wearing skin colour shalwar kameez, the traditional attire for Pakistani males along with a black Peshawari -Kehri; dressed in such conventional means for a public purpose. 


I waited for him to end his vigorous debate and felt it to be courteous to wait outside in the mean time. I was slightly nervous; this was all new to me, a new territory, new people, and a new system. Little did I know that this building would soon become home and have a huge impact on my life. Lost in my thoughts a handsome tall man walked by, his brown curly hair shining in the sun and his glistening brown lens blood-shot eyes glancing at me with curiosity. I didn’t expect him to be this tall, a surprise I digested with delight. His physical features accredited him for being the heart of a lively exuberant room, in which no one else dared challenge him. His eyes did always stand out; even then; a distinction I would crave to see in the coming years. The first time I saw them I quivered with fear, the red rheumy eyes seemed to echo a story; I examined them with curiosity; naive of the fact that one day they would echo mine.


As time went by, days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, I got to know him more and more.  He gradually became the nucleus of my existence; I was officially in awe of him. I was at his complete disposal, I had surrendered the urge to displease him but I never did give up contradicting him. I was always a lively and stubborn person, probably the two supreme factors he liked best about me. Unlike the others, I would always challenge him and then sit back and enjoy the adrenaline I would receive by his counter arguments. Those brown eyes captivated me, enthralled me and led me on.  Everything was going really fast, it was a one-way roller-coaster; there was no looking back. In less than three months, ninety days I was madly, passionately and irrevocably in love.


The feeling of love was rather new to me, a huge bite I was unable to chew at that time which would eventually choke me to death.  Meeting him every day gradually became a habit, initially it was a treat but it led to my suffocation and magnified my existential crisis. Who was I? What had I become? Was I weak? Was this what love was? Could the ‘love of my life’ belittle me without a second thought? The job got harder, the days got longer but my love for him never died down. He knew he could domineer me around, use me, play with me and throw me away at his own will. Hitherto that day I first met him, I had been a strong advocate of female rights, however all that changed. My opinions had been manipulated, the facts had been altered, I was a mere statistic added to the extensive study of women in an abused relationship...


Was it ever a relationship? He was a public speaker, understood human psychology very well and was very conniving at his game; politics. The American TV season ‘House of Cards’ has wonderfully depicted and unveiled the sly nature of politicians. ‘The road to power is full of hypocrisy and casualty. Never regret’ Frank Underwood the main character disclosed in an episode, never in my worst nightmare did I imagine I would be a part of the casualty. Never did I imagine he would throw me away with so much ease. How silly was I? What use did he have of me? I was just an obstacle, a target which had to be destroyed...


I hailed from the beautiful province of Sindh, the only daughter of the Feudal Lord Malik Zubair Khusso, I was the day-star of my father's life, till I turned into a supernova and exploded.  Going back in memory lane everything seems crystal clear now; I had challenged my father in a political arena by forming an alliance with his biggest rival; I should have expected what was to come. My Father was a great man but as I grew older he turned bitter, our relationship got strained and I was vulnerable for a fatherly figure in my life. That is where my ‘prince charming’ came in.


He was able to play with my vulnerability, make me comfortable and then hurt me. I thought he loved me... How foolish of me to think that a politician could love someone? Without my father’s name, I was nothing to him. My decision was firm; if I were to challenge Malik Sahb I wouldn’t do it with his name shadowing mine. A choice which changed the course of everything and made the roller-coaster come crashing down. I thought my tall handsome beau would be my sanctuary, I felt he would protect me, save me before anything else. Instead, he saved everything but me...

© 2015 Mizzfizz96


Author's Note

Mizzfizz96
Its the first time i've ever posted anything so please be nice :3 I hope you understand the cultural references, if not feel free to ask :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a beautiful piece of literature writing.Tremendously portrayed. Loved reading every bit of it. To conclude, then, I would recommend this literature to anyone interested in literacy broadly conceived. This is a well-written, clear, and interesting lit that both summarises major areas of work in literacy and also presents the author’s own view that has been carefully researched. Beautifully written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you sooo much!Honestly means a lot, I do hope you'll read the rest :)



Reviews

"I was the day-star of my father's life, till I turned into a supernova and exploded." - beautiful!

You writing is vivid and has an easy flow to it. I hope to get your input on my writing if you get a chance.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I loved this. The emotion literally thrived from it. I felt my heart yearn and heart with the character. This was beautifully written. I will be reading the others:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Angela! Can't wait to see what you think about the others. :)
I liked the storyline. only one thing I wish to ask I guess this was just introduction and the reasons of falling in love and betrayal will be told in later chapters

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Yes, there are 3 other parts. The story unfolds in them! :)
...I feel like I just read a dream sequence.

Maybe it was the narrative. Maybe it was the imagery. Maybe it was the inward-reflection. It's like I just experienced the character through a refraction, not a reflection, and that's both a very neat trick and the sign of a stream of consciousness style. (Though I could certainly be very wrong there.)

Really, really, really cool piece. I'll make sure I get to the next parts and add some feedback there. A POV I don't get to read a lot; like a rare trinket I can study and admire for the sheer alien nature of it. Great job!



Posted 8 Years Ago


Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much and the fact you took time to read this makes your review so much more precious! I.. read more
You write with such fluidity that reading this is easy. Well done. You paint a vivid picture. I enjoyed your strong verbs, but was sometimes distracted by weak phrasing. (ie. huge impact, everything was going really fast.) Aim to be more precise in your word choice. Also, I think this piece could benefit from some dialogue so the reader can get a better sense of the characters' relationship, aside from what the speaker explains.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, initially I didn't plan to continue this thus I didn't really identify the charac.. read more
What a beautiful piece of literature writing.Tremendously portrayed. Loved reading every bit of it. To conclude, then, I would recommend this literature to anyone interested in literacy broadly conceived. This is a well-written, clear, and interesting lit that both summarises major areas of work in literacy and also presents the author’s own view that has been carefully researched. Beautifully written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you sooo much!Honestly means a lot, I do hope you'll read the rest :)
A great piece of writing fueled by passion and a stinging sense of reality. Interesting insight into the political culture one that doesn't quite make the news. Good work, cheers!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you so very much!
This is written in a beautiful 'voice' with a lot of passion. It makes me wonder more about this mysterious politican and the things he has done. Well written, I hope to see more! :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mizzfizz96

8 Years Ago

Thank you so very much!I've released one more part today, do check it out and let me know what you t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1378 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: Romance, Politics, Culture

Author

Mizzfizz96
Mizzfizz96

Islamabad , Pakistan



About
An aspiring Barrister in the making. Fashionista and Foodie. Ex-literature student. Currently enrolled in Law school. Spent my life between Islamabad and London, born and bred in the latter whilst cur.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Chapter by Mizzfizz96