Take me back to the start...

Take me back to the start...

A Chapter by Mizzfizz96

‘Excuse me? Is this the way to the Human Rights seminar?’


James turned around to see a beautiful Middle Eastern girl with curly brown messy hair hopelessly tied together in a jaw clip, curiously looking at him from behind her thick black Prada glasses. The strong British accent had grabbed his attention; something he would crave to listen to in the future; he was surprised to realise who it belonged to. The olive skinned girl was holding a cluster of files in her right arm, juggling between her coffee and iphone in the other when her steel Oyster Perpetual Rolex grabbed James attention.  Even at that very moment his sixth sense had already perceived that this charming girl would definitely bump into him again...


That was the first moment Ayla Kameni and James Gibson had met. A moment in which the forces of destiny had interlocked the pair in an alliance which would make both of their world’s crash into one.


Ayla was an energetic twenty one year old British Emirati pursuing her passion of Journalism at the University of Leeds. James was a twenty nine year old American Lawyer. They both were poles apart, be it from the fact she was British and he was American, she hailed from Dubai, while his family originated from Isreal, she was an undergraduate and he was a professional to the one most paramount distinction that he was a Jew and she was a Muslim...The disparities made them get closer and closer till they both were ready to swallow their egos and acknowledge that without one another, they were incomplete.


As the seminar went on, Ayla quickly established that the tall, slightly healthy black haired man she had asked for directions outside was actually the renowned lawyer who was fighting the case for the Hungarian refugees. She silently observed his every move as he sat on the stage, looking a tad bit awkward every time he was praised for his benevolent work. He was wearing a red polo shirt along jeans, rather casual attire for such an event, but his blue Gucci leather loafers complimented his two tone Sapphire Rolex submariner that even the young Arab ‘insta-fashionista’ was impressed.  Alas, when he was called towards the mic to give his speech, he had bewitched the audience with his astounding speaking ability. Amongst everything else, his graceful and articulate address had acquired Ayla Kameni’s interest even if at that instant she did not realise it herself.

 

 

 



© 2015 Mizzfizz96


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aya and James incarcerated my attention while I read. Can't wait for part 3.
Happy writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

860 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 27, 2015
Last Updated on December 27, 2015


Author

Mizzfizz96
Mizzfizz96

Islamabad , Pakistan



About
An aspiring Barrister in the making. Fashionista and Foodie. Ex-literature student. Currently enrolled in Law school. Spent my life between Islamabad and London, born and bred in the latter whilst cur.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Chapter by Mizzfizz96