The Moment Part 4 (Final part)

The Moment Part 4 (Final part)

A Story by Mizzfizz96
"

Is the truth worth knowing?

"

I sat in the hospital cafe, staring at my coffee trying to comprehend all that had happened. In less than a couple of hours, my life had tumbled upside down. My head was pounding, my stomach was rumbling but none of that mattered anymore. Biting my nails in  despair,desperately trying to fathom everything my father... well Malik Zubair Khusso had told me.


 ‘I have done everything to protect you from the truth! I made sure you were comfortable and enjoyed a luxurious life which every Khusso deserves; which my daughter rightly deserves. But you have been nothing but an ungrateful, immature and selfish girl and I regret hiding the truth. Haven’t you ever wondered why your mother isn’t close to you? Haven’t you ever realised that she doesn’t even look at you? I tried to fill this void of love; I a Feudal Lord which you publicly castigated today have always accepted you as my OWN! When in reality? You aren’t even my daughter.’  My father’s words hit me like a bullet. A painful silence filled the air as only the beeps of the ECG echoed loudly around the room as my father lay in bed with so many electrodes attached to him. Was my biggest fear about to come true? I gently looked up from the floor, tears in my eyes hoping that this was just a nightmare. 


‘Don’t bother stopping me now, you deserve the truth. Your mother and I met while we were both studying at university in England; I loved her like anything and brought her back to Pakistan to meet my family. My father died and I was bestowed with all the responsibility of being in charge, it was a strenuous challenge due to which I couldn’t spend time with my English fiancé as I had initially planned out. But I wanted her to be familiar with Pakistan and our traditions; I had Haider Ali Laghari; yes your flawless best friend; and a driver show her around our beautiful country. Haider was one of my junior advisers at that time, I’m sure he didn’t tell you that. Anyhow, your mother decided to fall in love with the driver, the same man who gave her a gift... A beautiful daughter.’ My eyes may have been watery but I could see that the only person who had ever really loved me shed a tear as he unveiled the truth. For the first time in my life, I could see that the man I always thought was proud was nothing more than a damned lover.


‘The driver couldn’t handle the pressure of being a father to my fiancés child so he chose the easy way out and committed suicide. Haider and your mother returned home both apprehensive about how I would react. That day I swore them to secrecy, your mother would stay here till she had you and I would accept you as my own. But I wouldn’t marry a woman who had belittled my love for her and destroyed her virtue at the hands of a mere peasant. Haider knew too much, he would be dangerous for me. So I had him sent abroad for university and hoped he wouldn’t return. But, I was wrong. You thought he was fighting me for political means? It was all personal. Making you go up on stage and talk against me was proof that I had made a foolish mistake.  I was confident that you wouldn’t do that, but Haider warned me that you were born due to deceit and it was in your blood. What did you think? I didn’t know you’ve been visiting my biggest political enemy? I even knew you started loving him. I had hoped you didn’t because he would never marry you. Yes, I did ask him. Why? Because I loved you and I always thought it was my fault that you were born under such circumstances. I wanted what was best for you. Every time I looked at you I didn’t want to see my failure, my mistake and that is why I have done everything in my capacity to be a good father to you. Though, you publicly told the world I failed today...’ I stared at him with utter disbelief, I had so many questions, so much to say but I stood there deaf and dumb waiting for everything to sink in.


It had been two hours since my existence had been exposed, I had been sitting in the cafe for so long that it was empty now. Just wondering where it all started... How did all of this happen? I was better off without the truth. I hadn’t destroyed my father by ruining his image; I had destroyed him by proving I was a mistake. If only I hadn’t of gone against him, If only I hadn’t of met Haider,if only I hadn’t of been mesmerised by his brown eyes, if only I hadn’t walked towards my death sentence. My head was fuzzy, everything was confusing. I took a final sip of my coffee and in that moment I knew that I had to go. I had to escape this. I had to run.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Mizzfizz96


Author's Note

Mizzfizz96
Thank you so much much for your feedback, it honestly means a lot! I hope you all have enjoyed the story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well done, I enjoyed the dialogue from the father, it comes across as very natural. I also love, as I did with the other three parts, the internal dialogue, it's easy to relate to her thoughts and feelings despite never having been in such a situation. Thank you for sharing this story, I hope to read more from you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well done, I enjoyed the dialogue from the father, it comes across as very natural. I also love, as I did with the other three parts, the internal dialogue, it's easy to relate to her thoughts and feelings despite never having been in such a situation. Thank you for sharing this story, I hope to read more from you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This 'shehzadi' hailing from sindh has drawn me into her world. A mesmerising read which has had me reliving and experiencing the very emotions exhibited by the characters. Commendable effort, kudos!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

790 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015
Tags: Romance, Politics, Culture

Author

Mizzfizz96
Mizzfizz96

Islamabad , Pakistan



About
An aspiring Barrister in the making. Fashionista and Foodie. Ex-literature student. Currently enrolled in Law school. Spent my life between Islamabad and London, born and bred in the latter whilst cur.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Chapter by Mizzfizz96