A very scary day

A very scary day

A Story by Mkelleher
"

A true story about what happened to me at work one day!

"
Story

I'm an estate agent in rural Norfolk, my day consists of talking to people in the office and arranging viewings for them. I occasionally if there is no one else available have to take people out for viewings myself.

Living in Norfolk I go to a lot of older properties. Mainly Victorian houses but sometimes older ones dating as far back as the 1600's. Some of these houses can be pretty creepy but I'm a fairly level headed guy and I don't let it bother me.

Well I didn't anyway until yesterday. I had to carry out a 5pm viewing at a property in a little village in the middle of nowhere. The house it's self was a fairly modern build only about 4 years old but was built in the style of an old cottage. I arrived at the house and it looked kind of sweet. It was a brick and cobble finish on the front and it looked almost inviting.

As I always do when I go to a viewing I arrived 10 minutes early so I could look around and turn lights on ect. I went in to the house and it was fine nice and warm as the owners had the heating on a timer so the pipes wouldn't freeze. The front door was a little stiff as the runner at the bottom was a little loose so it took a bit of a push to open it. I turned all of the lights on downstairs and then went up and turned them all on up there as well. Again everything was fine although I did notice it was particularly cold in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I didn't think anything of it and I heard my viewers arrive outside so I went to meet them.

They turned up and I showed them around the house as I usually would. They liked it and spent about 20 minutes looking around and talking to me. When they had finished as I usually do I went back in to the house to turn all of the lights of and lock any doors I had opened. I went upstairs and turned the bedroom lights off.

As I went in to the room that had felt colder than the rest I really picked up on just how cold it was. But what was really strange was that a cupboard that was closed when the viewers had left was wide open. I noticed it because I knew I had shut it after we looked in it I always do. Anyway I closed it again and all of a sudden I got this awful feeling that I wasn't alone even though I was. I genuinely started to panic I never do this as I said I'm fairly level headed and just reason away any worries I have. But that went out of the window I went downstairs as quickly as I could making sure I turned all of the lights of as quickly as I could.

. I was really panicking at this point I couldn't shake this eerie feeling that I was being watched. I got to the front door and felt slight relief. I pulled on the door to close it and it wouldn't shut the runner at the bottom was almost off so I really had to pull it to get it closed. I did manage to close it and got the key in the door to turn it. The whole time I still felt like I was being watched, as I finally managed to turn the lock I looked up. It was one of those wooden doors with a little pane of glass in the top so you can look through and see who's there. As I looked up I looked through the pane of glass and clear as day there was someone just staring at me. I nearly had to change my trousers. Hence to say I ran to my car and didn't look back.

Now I have tried to reason in my head what I saw and I can't. This is single handedly the scariest thing that I've ever had happen to me.

© 2016 Mkelleher


Author's Note

Mkelleher
I know my grammar isn't amazing but I want to know what you think of the content? Did it grip you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Mkelleher
I have experienced some of these feelings to a much lesser degree - feeling a presence or as if someone is watching me (usually at night when my imagination runs riot).

I'd like to have read a description of the 'someone'
I got a shiver from this. I was also wondering, how the feck do you go about your job after that. I think once you 'let them in' so to speak then you will be getting the willies when you're alone - not an ideal for an estate agent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ANTO

8 Years Ago

Don't take this the wrong way, It was kinda like you were telling your mates down the pub. You've go.. read more
Mkelleher

8 Years Ago

Hank I appreciate the input! I'm trying to figure out how to make the suspense build up a little bit.. read more
Mkelleher

8 Years Ago

Thanks even haha not Hank



Reviews

Well, the topic was good and interesting.

I just have to site some few errors that might confusing.

[I went back in to the house to turn all of the lights of] and [I went downstairs as quickly as I could making sure I turned all of the lights of] is it 'lights off'?

Back to the content. It's good, some people, even like me, can be scared in the sort of thing. Even if no one appeared, the fact that some rumor or hearsay is confusing you to believe supernatural, or not. Then while I'm alone there, yes I will do the same. :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hi Mkelleher
I have experienced some of these feelings to a much lesser degree - feeling a presence or as if someone is watching me (usually at night when my imagination runs riot).

I'd like to have read a description of the 'someone'
I got a shiver from this. I was also wondering, how the feck do you go about your job after that. I think once you 'let them in' so to speak then you will be getting the willies when you're alone - not an ideal for an estate agent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ANTO

8 Years Ago

Don't take this the wrong way, It was kinda like you were telling your mates down the pub. You've go.. read more
Mkelleher

8 Years Ago

Hank I appreciate the input! I'm trying to figure out how to make the suspense build up a little bit.. read more
Mkelleher

8 Years Ago

Thanks even haha not Hank

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2016
Last Updated on March 3, 2016
Tags: Haunted house, horror

Author

Mkelleher
Mkelleher

Norwich, Dereham , United Kingdom



About
I love writing and keep getting random ideas pop up in my head I hope you like them! more..

Writing
The basement The basement

A Story by Mkelleher