Night terrors!

Night terrors!

A Story by Mkelleher
"

Horrible experiences of these things!

"
Night terrors!

Ever since I was a kid I have suffered with something called sleep paralysis. If you've ever had this yourself you will know how freaky it can be. Basically I lay in bed at night and just as I'm drifting of to sleep I realise I can't move. Any part of my body at all I mean it's terrifying!

As I got older it got a bit better to the point were it only happened once a month or so. It always happens the same way I'm nearly asleep and I go to turn on to my side (which is my sleeping position of choice). And I realise I can't move I try to shout out and I can't do that either. All I can do is lay there in sheer terror praying that I'll be able to move soon. I try to wiggle my toes and after a little while I manage to get one moving and as soon as that happens all of a sudden I can move.

When I met my partner it was a relief not just because I love her dearly but because I had someone next to me of a night. It's reassuring even though I can't move when it happens someone is there with me. The thing that bothers me the most about is not the not being able to move, I can't even close my eyes.

I'm naturally a bit of a scaredy cat I like to be able to just close my eyes sometimes when I'm a bit freaked out a night. And the whole eyes open thing takes me completely out of my comfort zone.

The reason for this story is I want you to know about what happened to me on one terrifying night last October.

I hadn't had a terror in a long time in fact I was sort of hoping I'd started to get over them. I got in to bed one night with my partner and we had the usual pillow talk. She always falls asleep before me every night as I'm usually watching videos on my phone in bed.

I could feel my eyes get heavier so I laid my phone down, I lay on my back to the point I'm about fall asleep and then turn to my side. As I reached my breaking point I decided to move on to my side. But I couldn't, it was happening again! I desperately tried to get my partners attention but I couldn't as per usual. I laid there thinking don't worry it will be over soon.

Then all of a sudden the worst thing that could of ever happened to me started to happen. I heard the floor boards creek in my room from the door moving towards my bed. I was terrified to the point that there was sweat running down my face. I couldn't even look to see of it was one of my kids coming in the room.

Then to my absolute horror I felt something grab my feet, and start to lift them of the bed. Pulling them upwards like someone trying to lift me feet first! By this point there were tears coming out of my eyes I was so scared. Slowly I started moving further and further down the bed. It was dragging me out of bed. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. I was doing everything in my power to get some part of my body to move and nothing was working. By this point I was halfway down the bed.

All of a sudden I managed to get some movement in my leg and with that I could move again. The freaky thing is I was now back in my staring position.

I know this wasn't a dream it was to real to be a dream but my partner insists it was. I haven't had a night terror since and I pray I never have one again.

© 2016 Mkelleher


Author's Note

Mkelleher
Again I know the grammars poor. But interested in scariness levels and if it grips you or not

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 4, 2016
Last Updated on March 4, 2016
Tags: Night terror, horror, scary

Author

Mkelleher
Mkelleher

Norwich, Dereham , United Kingdom



About
I love writing and keep getting random ideas pop up in my head I hope you like them! more..

Writing
The basement The basement

A Story by Mkelleher