Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ken Morhay

Have you ever had such a bad dream that you don't dare wake up? Well this was one of those times. I guess I'd better fill you in. First off, my name is Weston. If you found this notebook, I need you to preserve it, because I'm most likely dead. On another note, I am a survivor of a major national disaster, it could possibly even be a worldwide disaster. It's a disease, I think. A virus or infection of some sort. Thats what we heard before the power went out. Yes, we. I am one out of 27. We have lived in our school for 13 days so far. So many have died. There were at least 80 of us in the beginning. Most of them where kids and adults alike. It was a horrible way to go. They died about a week after it all began. We were on our way to a new place in a town further down the road and some thing happened to the driver I guess. He swerved to miss an animal or something but he swerved into the gas station. There was an explosion, screams, and then silence. No one from that bus lived. Around 30 people died. We can't say for sure how many. Anyway, we headed back to our school. What else could we do? Pretend that innocent children and teachers didn't just burn alive? No. We headed back and decided that we would have to try our best to survive. Those weren't the only casualties, 5 people went missing during a supply run, 7 others died from the disease we couldn't bury them, it's the middle of December the ground is to hard. We burned them. We BURNED them for warmth. We had to. We couldn't just stack them up and let them rot. Now that you are pretty much caught up on our situation, I need some sleep. Our first council is tomorrow.


© 2013 Ken Morhay


Author's Note

Ken Morhay
This is my first chapter. Pls feel free to give any useful ideas or suggestions. Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on December 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013
Tags: The Weeks to Come, zombie, survival, apocalypse


Author

Ken Morhay
Ken Morhay

Columbus, OH



About
Ok, first off Ken Morhay isn't my real name. Second, I'm not as old as my profile says and I don't live in Columbus, OH. Anyway, I am fascinated with how people used to live before all this tech. And .. more..

Writing