Voyage 52 - The Mediterranean Excavation of Atlantis

Voyage 52 - The Mediterranean Excavation of Atlantis

A Story by MnMChocolate
"

A piece of Dr. Edward Boyle's Journal that explains the truth behind the discovery of Atlantis (1873). His analysis may unveil the astonishing discovery of extraterrestrial lifeforms on earth.

"
Name: Boyle, Edward
Date: December 25th, 1873
Journal Entry: 3731
Voyage 52 (Mediterranean) - Day 296

Following the long cobble stairs that stretched behind me, I had reached a small room filled with many foreign objects. The room could have been anything, a study room perhaps, or some type of luxurious jail cell, but something gave it away: the carcass. After countless of years of research, false goose chases, and many excruciating expeditions, I had finally found it. Deep under the caverns of the Atlantic Oceans, near the sea floors, finally, a small piece of evidence! What was in this room was worth more than the great riches and gold of Queen Elizabeth herself! 
Looking at the thing that lied before me, I soon realized that this was not a creation of God. The skin of this unnatural organism had not rot from it's body as it would have done to any human within a matter of weeks. I should not have touched it, but as I did, a sudden shock hit me. The pain was unimaginable, but at the same time, it was abnormally soothing. The texture of its epidermis was nothing that I've ever felt before; it's body consisted of a slimy prickling but soft substance. Cowering in the corner, from the painful shock that had bestowed upon me, I quickly rose to my feet and re-lit my lantern that had fallen with me. Now looking at the other foreign objects in the room, I soon came across frightening manuscripts. Diagrams of what seemed to look like maps scattered around the floor, piled by the hundreds. I looked through as many as I could, as fast as I could, but with precaution. It was a wonder how these manuscripts survived! How did they not erode from centuries of exposure? 
As I tried to comprehend the symbols on each manuscript, I realized that it was impossible to read. These symbols were nothing I have ever seen before. Yet, each lettering was proportional to the rest, crafted by with extreme dexterity. It looked like something printed from stencil lettering. Oh how exquisite these symbols were! Flipping through hordes of these scripts, I stumbled across what seemed like architectural drawings. These drawings were consisted of very straight and curved lines, all drawn with perfection. The details of these prints looked so - inhuman, so flawless. I could not make anything out of these drawings, they were not of this realm. It would seem that these printings resembled something that could be inferred as a massive landscape or city. Atlantis! 
After rummaging through what seemed to be an endless pile of ancient symbols and lettering, I looked about the room for other unique artifacts. As I pushed around small boulders of rubble, something caught my eye. A shimmering object. The object resembled the outward appearance of a gemstone, a sapphire to be more specific. I immediately reached for it, and as my hand touched the gem, it started to glow and emit blue light. Soon after, I found myself bedazzled by the true realization of the unknown. 
What happened afterwards, was unfathomable. Suddenly, I was swept up from my feet, and the stone which I had touched, projected upon the entire room, a giant landscape. The landscape transformed the room into a giant prairie where I now laid. As I stood up slowly, I observed in shock and disbelief. At first, I had thought I was thrown into another world, one that looked very similar to drawings I had seen on the mysterious manuscripts earlier, but as I walked around, I realized that everything was still in place, the manuscripts, the carcass, and the door in which I had entered. The only difference was now, there was an overlay of images that seemed to have been emitted from the blue gem. The light that had projected over the room seemed so realistic but it was untouchable. I swear on the Holy Bible that I had almost smelled the fresh air of this projection! 
The gem seemed to have realized my return to sanity, and as a result, it began to rapidly change its photographs. I saw the giant landscape in front of me, suddenly crash down, caused by something that looked like a giant metallic object of some sort. The metallic object looked to have descended from the heavens, as an act from God, and its effect was devastating! There was a huge flash of light that blinded me temporarily, then it was followed by a giant ball of fire that now even covered the grasslands in which I stood upon. Everything was gone. At the last moments, I heard a few distinct sounds, perhaps a form of communication, then the gem reverted back to its inanimate state. Immediately, I had an epiphany, what I had just witnessed, was the fall of Atlantis. Somehow it had recreated itself within this gem stone with some kind of sorcery.
Right now, I am pondering upon the events that have happened today, and the more I think about it, the more this encounter supports the absurd idea of extraterrestrial life. I have been piecing together the many discoveries of ancient civilizations. One that relates much to this encounter would be the Mayan Civilization. During my excavation nearly twenty years ago, I had looked upon the infamous Mayan Calendar. Scientists have been trying to decode its secrets for years; it is a wonder how such an ancient civilization such as the Mayans were able to create such a tool that was not only innovative, but very accurate as well. Too accurate. How were the Mayans capable of calculating precise days of the month and portray them accurately? Furthermore, each step of the calendar represented an era, and even today, we are unable to recreate something as accurate. Looking at the Romans, it is rather peculiar that such early civilizations were able to conceive very abstract and creative innovations. It is obvious that the Romans had replicated much of their technology from the Greek, and the Greek from earlier civilizations. In the end however, they date back to one of the oldest, the Mayans. It is not mere coincidence that these events happened on a whim. I would not take account that the thoughts I am experiencing now are the acts of psychological paranoia. 
If what I had seen today had really happened, then it can be thought that the Mayans were perhaps the decedents of the advanced Atlantis Civilization. After the calamity and destruction of Atlantis, there could have been possible survivors. The loss of resources and technology may have forced the survivors on Atlantis to revert back to primitive technology, hence stone architecture. The calendar in which they've built, could have been based on prior knowledge and easily displayed as stacks of stone. Each stack symbolizes a particular era. Now that I think about it, the stacks may have symbolized the different changes and advancement within Atlantis, the first being its inception, and the last as its last cycle of destruction and end. 
A logical analysis of what I had seen at the ruins today, would be the discovery of a remaining, surviving piece of an advanced civilization, a civilization that had been, and still is more advanced than our own. Whatever happened, we may never find out; perhaps civil disorder or political conflicts, whatever it was, it ended an entire nation. What is even more astounding is the lack of artifacts provided by the calamity. The carcass I had seen in that room, could have been the dominating species of Atlantis of the time, essentially like ourselves, though, we've progressed through centuries of a different distinguishable evolutionary path. They were not extraterrestrial life, but natives like us, that made the wrong mistakes which costed their entire race.  
Today, I had made an important discovery, a discovery that has diminished and crushed the very comfortable thoughts in which we have burrowed in our minds for many centuries. During this expedition, I had only dreamed of finding the slightest clue to the ancient civilization, Atlantis. However, what I had found instead, was an actual ruin. For centuries, we had thought we were the only ones in the universe. We had viewed our own species as something abnormal, something special. We go about the day thinking self-centered thoughts and stumbling in our own arrogance. We are the kings. However, our current paradigms are primitive and stupid. Up until now our own ignorance has blinded us. We are not alone. We have never been. Intelligent life has existed since the beginning of time and history has repeated itself many many times. 

Let us hope we do not make the same mistakes as our predecessors.  


Note:  This excerpt from his Journal was found in the Mediterranean Excavation in 2011. 

© 2011 MnMChocolate


Author's Note

MnMChocolate
Everything you have read is 100% accurate. This journal entry was found in the Athenic Caves in the Atlantic Ocean just recently in 2010. To read more go to: www.youjustbelievedme.com/Atlantis.

I'm just kidding. This story was completely fictional. Some - Many of the facts were made up and inaccurate. I did not look thoroughly for grammatical or punctuation errors. I just hope you had a blast reading my first science fiction story! Tell me what you thought of it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should keep writing. this was nicely done and id like to continue to see stories you may write in the future or at the present. so cmon! keep posting and let's see some awesome historical fiction.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JCP
Love the idea of that! I often times debated writing a good Historical fiction (isn't that an oxymoron) story. Nice to see someone else was thinking the same thing, and did a nice job of it! Good work man!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011
Tags: Adventure Tale Controversial Atl

Author

MnMChocolate
MnMChocolate

Temple City, CA