Mostly Tina

Mostly Tina

A Story by Mobius
"

A boring guy named Bob,(with super powers) struggles to hang on to love.

"

"Mostly Tina"
   
 

  Tina and Bob were once in love. Tina was not Bobs first, for Bob had loved many times. Bob had also lost many times. Tina was to be his fifth wife,and the fifth woman that he had loved more than life itself. But Bob was a mediocre type fellow. Nothing much exciting about Bob. It probably should have been posted as a bumpersticker on his car. But it wasn't ,and for that reason women kept falling for Bob.

It was strange how women continued to misread Bob. They saw him as intelligent,ruggedly handsome and independantly wealthy. And perhaps he was all three, but they always seemd to overlook the"Dull as a fence post" part.

A few months or years into each marriage his latest wifes boredom would eclipse her love,and he would have to suffer through another agonizing divorce.

But there was more to Bob.There were things that he kept hidden. Super powers that he longed to divulge. And he did divulge some of his powers. To Maggy he divulged his power of invisibility. She was noticably impressed for several weeks, but within 6 months, she threw him out like a piece of unwanted furniture.

During his second year of marriage to his third wife he showed that he could run faster than a racing fire truck. She too was impressed. And for almost a week she felt proud to have such a special husband. But when the newness died, he found his recliner and latest issue of sports illistrated out in the front yard.

Bobs forth and fifth wives were much the same. For his forth wife(Mona) he looked through walls, and a few days later he caught her trying to make out with the mail man in the refrigerator(Thinking of course that its walls were lined with lead) He hessitated to act at first, hoping she would freeze her butt off. But eventually her indescretions found their way into the bedroom where it was nice and cosy. And the love of a good mail man trumped that of her seemingly semi comatose husband.

 But Bobs fifth wife(Tina), was his moon and stars. She was the ground he stood on, She was the coffee in his morning. She was the smile that captured his lips,and the dream that ended his day. He was determined to keep her. To somehow make her stay.

And to do this he showed her his power of invissibility, He ran faster than a fire truck for her. He looked through walls for her,and even divulged his power to throw bowling balls over tall buildings. But Tina's love was waning. So Bob held his breath for three hours and made lemon juice with his toes, and even sang the star spangled banner in chinese. But  Tina's love was growing cold. But after three years of marriage Bob was down to his last super power. Bob had saved the best for last.

Bob took Tina flying.  As she held on tight, Bob took her flying over all the local attractions. He flew her so high and fast that the people looked like ants, and bugs were splatting against her teeth. She had a great time! But inevitably she too rejected Bob. But she didn't reject Boring Bob...She rejected Boring Bob with Super Powers. And that was the sadest thing. Because Bob had shown Tina everything. There was nothing left. And so Bob burried himself in a dream world. A world were Super powers mattered. And he dreamt a lot, because he was independantly wealthy and had absolutely nothing better to do. And he dreampt of Maggy and he dreamt of Mona, and he even dreamt of the Mailman. But mostly he dreamt of Tina....Mostly just Tina.


 

© 2009 Mobius


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on February 5, 2009

Author

Mobius
Mobius

TX



About
I am a 51 year old (Married) male from Texas. I write for fun, but my pieces are generally very short. I dont claim to be a good writer, but a lot of what I write is good. I think that I must also .. more..

Writing
Things Things

A Poem by Mobius