Tanya And The Gully Washer

Tanya And The Gully Washer

A Story by Mobius
"

A short story about a guy a gal and a really big soda.

"

"Tanya And The Gully Washer"
   
 

  Tanya was short and wacky and had a ring in the nose. We shared a Gully Washer cola, on our first date, and 9 months later, I became a dad.

 I've avoided Gulley Washer colas since then. I know...It wasn't the Gully Washer cola that caused her to have the baby, but it has been my experiance, that sometimes, in order to nip these things in the bud, you have to back up and change everything.

 Tanya was the first girl that ever made me a dad. Her pink hair clashed with her green jacket as I picked her up from school that day. She was young, but not so young as to cause my face to be displayed on the post office wall. She had failed a few years, and that made her quite a lot older than the other 7th graders.

 I was good looking and had a motor bike then. I was 21 cash-strapped and facing 6 more years of college. I was desperate for cheap passion. and Tanyas love was payed for with a Gully Washer and Fries.

 But cheap love, isn't always as cheap as it seems. I found that out the hard way.

Tanya though, insisted on raising our child by herself, without any help from me. But even so, I drive by the junior high from time to time, just to watch him hang out with his friends.

 Tanya got married and had 3 more kids, and if everything goes ok, she will be graduating high school next year.

 And sometimes when I think of her....it makes me thirsty.

© 2009 Mobius


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

through all the soda pops I se a witty lessonen of life taught and learned.. very good short story with hidden messages and alot of soda LOL :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2009

Author

Mobius
Mobius

TX



About
I am a 51 year old (Married) male from Texas. I write for fun, but my pieces are generally very short. I dont claim to be a good writer, but a lot of what I write is good. I think that I must also .. more..

Writing
Things Things

A Poem by Mobius