Never Sleep Soundly

Never Sleep Soundly

A Poem by modtoddinc
"

Having nothing giving everything

"
When we do the wrong thing... Over the barrel, under the gun, behind the barn, in the backyard. When we mistake our truth for the world's consistent and never ending voice of consequence. Ignoring mother moon and her voice of reason to cool down, rest, take it easy... We lose what is most dear to our truth.
Rock-n-Roll never dies, burning out or fade away... You rock; You roll with every punch thrown. Against these ropes take the punch, or be thrown into the truck like a garbage can... Over the ropes and extravagant... We always want a come back. Underdog, warthog, Fonzerelli, or the pot; the kettle isn't black- it's your direction of intention.
If we sit alone in the dark, some sort of take away media is being present, and we are lost. Tie the noose, call Clint, no name will ever save you. I am Groot. You get the the Roots? Jimmy does. I believe in a manifesto of gratuitous under estimating convoluted bliss in order to be recognized as a normal presence. Drop the Led. The 1976 mother load is my bane. I thought I was in the candy store but it was really hell. Sweetness on my tongue is salt in your eye, and believe you, me I will never lie.
The absolute truth is a mystery but I will make it my history by accepting life on terms of endearing a shining beyond misery.
Hammer and tie me to your bed ridden horoscope... It always suits my mood, and I ponder the possibilities. Do you understand that? Friend.

© 2015 modtoddinc


Author's Note

modtoddinc
All I got left is an iPhone... I don't have time to play. Rock on. If I could there would be a Foo Fighters song attached: Something For Nothing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
Todd, Wow...I am really honored. And this piece pretty much reflects the state I am normally inhabiting; this type of stream of consciousness thinking out loud, on paper (whatever) is like the endless drum beat playing in my brain like timpani. You've inspired me now. I write like this all the time, not to post, just for myself. I posted one a good while ago called Word Salad. I think I'll write another but not post it for awhile; I don't want people thinking, "Dan can't give birth to his own idea, he has to steal Todd's." I don't want them thinking that (even though it would be true.) Thanks again, thank you too much; I am greatly honored by your inscription. take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


This poem was inspired by a man whom I consider a friend though we have never met in person. Thanks Dan. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015

Author

modtoddinc
modtoddinc

Tacoma, WA



About
I write what I feel with honesty, and integrity. I love art in all it's forms, especially poetry and multi-media. I love to read, watch movies, play music, and study comparative mythology. I hope to o.. more..

Writing
2022 2022

A Poem by modtoddinc