The Fox, The Snake and The Lion

The Fox, The Snake and The Lion

A Poem by modtoddinc
"

Fable

"
The Fox, the snake and the lion

There once was a fox who thought he was smarter than anyone.
He bragged and performed greater skills than everyone.
He directed and led all who surrounded him.

A snake passed along and slid under his belly to say,

“Hello dear friend and how are you today? I do say and declare I can smell your jelly, beware”

“I shed my skin and do change but you my friend try to rearrange.”

The fox did a circle thinking so quick and then he said get to work lickity split! “I want you to clean this thing and do that chore or you should quit! I deplore”

The snake knew the lion but she was far away and he knew he better listen if things were to go his way. So he worked real hard slithering and sliding, mingling and gliding, working through the grasses and chiding.

The lion was smart and she knew her art, so she kept the snake strong with her many skills of patience and pride.

Because you know it’s the nature of order for the woman to rule with her man of action.

It’s called attraction.

So the fox endurance is always fine,
The Snake will always intertwine,
and The Lion is the most divine.

© 2021 modtoddinc


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has kind of an Aesop’s Fables vibe and I’m digging it

Posted 2 Years Ago


You create a wonderful tale. I love the nature tales. The world of nature can be filled with mystery and wonder. I liked the three characters in the poem. Thank you my friend for sharing the outstanding poetry. I did enjoy.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2021
Last Updated on May 19, 2021

Author

modtoddinc
modtoddinc

Tacoma, WA



About
I write what I feel with honesty, and integrity. I love art in all it's forms, especially poetry and multi-media. I love to read, watch movies, play music, and study comparative mythology. I hope to o.. more..

Writing
2022 2022

A Poem by modtoddinc



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Waiting. Waiting.

A Poem by .


Allie Allie

A Poem by Colton Warr