The Other Side of This

The Other Side of This

A Poem by Moflo
"

Really short poem, but a lot of emotion.

"
The feeling that
You are mine to win
Is supplemented by
The feeling I'll have
When I lose you.

© 2011 Moflo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So everyone loves it and I do too, but I'll make suggestion (and probably get lynched by your mob of fans, here. smile) I think "The" at the beginning makes the feeling feel less possessive. I think you're better served by the word "This" which implies the feeling belongs to you and you're experiencing it now.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone. Its tight. Its sharp. Its true. Good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like that you say much in few words,that's a poetic talent:)...do more of this:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very clever.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this. The feeling of joy mixed with the feeling of utter apprehension.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww, it really does have a lot of emotion! Well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really clever. Seeing this situation at opposite ends enhances the emotional impact of this poem! Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome. I love this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short but powerful~ with but only a few words you expressed what could have been said in a million sentences but it only took you a few, and you really couldn't have expressed this kind of emotion any better~ very nice~ =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful short to :) i like short poems

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this. Have you tried playing with the visual of it? Your pivot on the third line feels like it should be shortened/longer, I'm not sure which. I can see the 4,5,6,5,4 and it is fanastic but you mix up the hard and soft consonents with the 'pp' in supplemented which seems to shorten it slightly with a staccato sound. Also you could create a balance or a wedge visually by shortening or extending that line. I think I am guilt of 'pickiness' for which I apologise and I hope that's not too closely critiquing but I love the short form in this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 11, 2011
Last Updated on January 11, 2011

Author

Moflo
Moflo

NY



About
I am a 26 year old recent college grad trying to establish myself. Recently moved back to NY from Pennsylvania and looking for work. Now working on becoming an English teacher. more..

Writing
Gift Horses Gift Horses

A Poem by Moflo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Its Okay Its Okay

A Poem by Moflo


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT