Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Matthew-Ryan Willams
"

A brief history

"

This world, is no more....

Man, the despicable beasts that we are, tried too hard to play God, and were punished...

Twenty five calendar years ago, during the global war, the former American Empire unleashed a new weapon upon it's enemies. They were soldiers created with the sole purpose of battle. A combination or organic material and man-made technology, the All-purpose Robotic Ex-human Soldiers, or A.R.E.S. were proverbial gods on the battlefield. Within months, the American Empire brought the world to its knees using those almost immortal monsters. With that power, they raised themselves to the title of world ruler, and instilled fear to all those that opposed them. World leaders were massacred daily, until there were none left to oppose the new regime. The Americans, or Imperials as they called themselves, enjoyed the pleasures of life, while the rest of the world suffered in agony and pain. Had it not been for the actions of one man, that tyranny would have continued.

Benjamin Spraneck, the head programmer on the A.R.E.S. project couldn't live with how his creations had been used to not save the world he loved, but destroy it. He pleaded with his superiors to stop using them for such vile actions but was only turned away and stripped of his position. The only problem was he knew too much, so the emperor of that time, Thornton Glensy, ordered he be killed. With his last moments upon him, he planted a virus into the A.R.E.S. program that would cause the soldiers to go berserk upon his death. At his execution, it is recorded his last words were as follows:

"I have given my life to protect this world which I love. You beasts disguised as humans wish to take my love away with your power. So with my death, I shall strip you of your power, and give it to my love."

As his heart stopped beating, all over the world his creations malfunctioned and rebelled against their masters. The American Empire fell, and with it the entire world descended into chaos. At the time of the empire's final destruction, the soldiers stopped moving. Being partly of organic material, they needed to consume nutrients in order to live. No longer moving, the body's slowly began to die and decay. Within ten years, all of the A.R.E.S soldiers were gone. Well, all but one.
I
n the early days, before the rebellion, A prototype soldier was sent to Germany, but never activated. Sometime after the rebellion, looters discovered him in a military base. Upon opening his capsule he was activated, but with no verbal orders, and the neural network used by the soldiers destroyed, he automatically switched into civilian mode. Thinking that they had found something rare, they took him to their leader, a woman named Vanessa Harlock. The young Vanessa was a strong leader and had the respect of all of her subordinates. Upon meeting the soldier, Vanessa took an instance interest in him. He had no name, no past, yet in skirmishes he would come forth with great insight into military weapons use and strategies. This only increased Vanessa's interest in him. Over time, though externally he continued to be emotionless, the soldier, now named Nicholas Evans, development feelings for Vanessa also. They fell in love, and through some sort of scientific miracle, produced a child, a son.

Though those two had found love, the world around them continued to spiral down into a void of hate. Wars for territory and resources raged on and the two were thrown into the middle of it. Though they only fought to protect their daily lives, they were still consumed in the wars of petty people...........

I was five the last time my parents were with me. We were eating dinner, and one of mother's subordinates ran into our house. There was trouble in the in west, and a financial backer had asked for my parents specifically. As they prepared to leave, they each gave me a hug, and mom said "we won't be gone long Nate. Be a good boy while we are gone."

That was the last time I saw them...

It has been fifteen years since then. A new threat is rising in the west, one that many are saying may rival that of the old empire. There is even talk of a revival of the A.R.E.S. Project. I, Nathan Evans, the son of the last A.R.E.S. soldier, will not let this come to past. When I was little, my parents always told me I was a seed waiting to sprout. In this barren, desolated world where very little still grows, that idea itself is preposterous. But in the name of my parents I will turn this world into my garden, and bloom a new day of peace. Some would say my writings are the rantings of ignorant youth, but to them that do, I say..... Watch Me.


© 2015 Matthew-Ryan Willams


Author's Note

Matthew-Ryan Willams
for anyone that review this I know that tab is an awesome button but when I post to this website it does not tab when it is published thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!!!!!!!
This is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Let me know if this is interesting

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015


Author

Matthew-Ryan Willams
Matthew-Ryan Willams

St Clair, MI



About
Reading literature has always been a big part of my life, but lately I have taken to writing my own. Writing has saved my life numeral times in the last few years so I wanted to share what was created.. more..

Writing