Men...

Men...

A Chapter by Emma Norcross
"

Asuna comes to Gailagon to for fill her fathers dreams. But, when she gets there she picks a fight with wrong people and find herself in big trouble. What will she do??

"
I walk down the long streets of Gailagon in the darkness of the night. Anyone who saw me would think I was lost but, I know I'm getting closer to the huge castle so I know I'm headed in the right direction. I walk with only my sword and a bag of food that was almost empty until I star to get too hungry and eat what's left. After a hour I feel like giving up so I tell myself I'll rest after this next turn but, once I turn I see two guards guarding the front gate of the castle and I sprint half the way. Then I realize a girl in a cloak with a sword running toward the gates wasn't a good look so I walk the other half. Once they see me they pull up there swords and the one on the left speaks to me "Stay there!!What I your business with the castle?" His voice is not as deep as I imagined but, I answer without hesitation, having practiced for this moment for months. "I am here for information, put the weapons down please." The one who spoke eases up but, the one on the right still has his sword up. "Just a women...What information do you want??"the one who spoke before says. This remark makes me scoff involuntarily but, they don't seem to notice. I take my hood off to show my dark black hair that blends with the sky, showing my angry expression with only the illumination of the moon's light. "I never said I wanted information. My name is Asuna Curusawa. Tell your entire army this name and make sure they remember it. I will be competing in the Champion's and will win it. When you see me be handed my reward I want you to think of the time you put your sword down to a women." Then I turn and stalk away. After a few seconds I hear footsteps running after me "Wait!!" I hear the smooth voice of the guard who spoke to me. I stop and turn "What is it?" He stops a few feet away from me. "But your a women? Why would you want to become a guard?"
"Because I know I could beat anyone of your guards now. Kingdoms around here need protection and you people aren't doing anything so it's my responsibility to do it for you." Then I turn and run, not wanting to hear another insult like "just a women." As I run I think over my words, feeling proud. The Championship's is a competition where people go to compete to be in the Guard. You have to go through many tests and once you win your reward is a suit of armor with the the kingdoms symbol, a huge black dragon flying around a sword.Once I stop, out of breath, I see a bar that's named "Sleeping Swordsman" I walk in and almost everyone turns to the door but, I ignore them and walk to the bar. Despite the name the bar looks like its full of thugs. I see gold teeth and hooks. "Room for one." I say and the bartender turns to me, being one of the ones who didn't turn when I entered. "You can sleep in my room." I her a rough voice behind me say. I turn and a man with a gold tooth is smiling at me. He steps closer and he is easily two times bigger then me but, I don't flinch. Instead I take a step back, not wanting to fight in a bar I need to sleep in. "No thank you. I can pay for myself." I turn around but, a big, dirty hand pull on my shoulder, forcing me to look at the ugly man. " That wasn't a question sweet heart." And his smile gets wider. I turn to look at his hand then back at him " Get your dirty hand off over me." I say in a threatening voice, the one I use when man make me want to kill them all. "He takes step back but, does let go of me. Instead he gets on one knee and looks at me. "But, your so soft and small. What will you do? You are just a women." And that is where I snapped.


© 2017 Emma Norcross


Author's Note

Emma Norcross
Hope you like my first chapter, I will be updating every week so I hope you'll wait. If you do you'll be surprised at how this romance story goes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 1, 2017


Author

Emma Norcross
Emma Norcross

Savannah, GA



About
I love writing. I can make a whole other universe with just a few pages and I love making new characters. I play soccer, volleyball, basketball, and track. I love anime and music, and I LOVE reading. .. more..

Writing
Blood Blood

A Book by Emma Norcross