Things I remember but did not live through

Things I remember but did not live through

A Story by Mistress of the moon

It’s the 1950s
The sun is rising, the milkman already made rounds and A short, tan woman in a pale dress stands in the kitchen, serving breakfast to a man sipping a fresh cup of coffee. Still steaming. There are roses and sunflowers freshly cut from the garden on the ironed clothe of the chestnut kitchen table. White kitten heels click on tile flooring with each step she takes toward him. Peeking a glance over his suit covered shoulder at the news paper he read. Her dainty left hand on his shoulder as she placed the China in front of him with her right. they share a glance and a smile. Content to exist in simple moments like these. Dwight D. Eisenhower is elected president the paper reads but the two are far to caught up in each other now to notice. The radio on the counter plays ‘c’est si bon’ by eartha kitt and the news paper is placed on the table to make room for the dark eyed man to pull the soft lipped woman into his arm. Both erupting in laughter despite no joke being made. He whispers the foreign language into her ear and she remains in his lap, their happiness never fading. Kisses are placed to his cheek and his hand is moved by her to her own chest so he may feel her heart race. They do not part, even when their small caramel and white colored dog barks at them. Alerting them of the four eyes now watching them. One belonging to the aforementioned adored family pet, the other a small girl, all too happy to see her parents infatuation toward each other. She has his nose, and her mother’s charm. The tiny girl bares a name that stings her mother’s heart, and fills it with joy all the same. The couple welcome her to breakfast with open arms, prepared to allow her to join in their cuddling for fleeting moments before they must eat and rush her off to school. All is as it once was and will be again.

© 2019 Mistress of the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes we DREAM - ya know? Sometimes it's even WE who are the child, other times the "pet", on occasion perhaps either parent during our "amusings" of "perfect" or dreamt moments. Mind's eye visuals of past movie or old sitcom happenings. Other times (for real) we wish for so damn little in our own lives or moments because we didn't have that movie/sitcom moment on our own to HOLD on to behind our eyes.

Dreams ...so very few have maids and waitstaff to pick up and clean after or cook for and serve. Valet service; landscape: personal assistants to shop, attend to details, remind of, etc. ...sigh.

I liked reading this one, it echoed behind my eyes.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on October 23, 2019
Last Updated on October 23, 2019
Tags: Romance, short story, 1950s, French music

Author

Mistress of the moon
Mistress of the moon

PA



About
A new age Elvira, a young morticia, a humble goth girl with a want to write now and again. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114