I loved the devil when he was an angel.

I loved the devil when he was an angel.

A Poem by Mistress of the moon
"

And they’re right, he’s the father of lies, but I adore him anyway.

"
Today it weighs on my heart. Today I miss the memories more then anything. Today I miss the sweet things you called me, the way you touched me, I miss the security..

I’m implying that I miss your lies. I wish I hated you, wish I was angry enough to block you on all fronts, I wish I could stop this feeling in me that’s begging to hear that you meant everything you said when I was there, But that will never happen.

You asked me where I’d been all your life and I whispered back “by your side, always”. Showed me vulnerability and weakness in you and I thought “thank the heavens I’m breaking through” but it was all an act.

You got what you wanted from me, I gave you my best and it wasn’t enough. I begged you to leave a mentally abusive person, your words not my own. And you chose her. You confessed to giving me empty words, and it all rushed to me what kind’ve man you are.
Disloyal, narcissistic, cowardly, weak willed, and egotistical..just like my fathers. we thought I knew you better than anything, I truly believed I was special to you and your friend. But the truth is, I don’t know you at all anymore.

You’re not the man I fell in love with. You’re not the poet who’s heart I knew, and you’re not the person that made love to me in room 219.

She changed you for the worst to make herself feel better. I hope you’re happy.
The happiest you’ve ever been. You’ve got a life with me not in it, you got your perfect girlfriend and I bet the future looks bright.

But when you’re alone at night, laying in the dark, do you wish you’d done things differently.

© 2019 Mistress of the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a amazing story teller and writer. You made the reader believe and grasp the reader.
"You’re not the man I fell in love with. You’re not the poet who’s heart I knew, and you’re not the person that made love to me in room 219"
I did like the above lines. With time and learning. We forget who we are, who we were. This poem make me want to create. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


Changing things
Feelings change
Hell is never far away

Posted 4 Years Ago


The family's most emotionally charged Holiday of the year as a backdrop for a breaking... big ouch there.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2019
Last Updated on December 22, 2019
Tags: cheating, pain, lies, affair, angst, Romance

Author

Mistress of the moon
Mistress of the moon

PA



About
A new age Elvira, a young morticia, a humble goth girl with a want to write now and again. more..

Writing