To ares; with love

To ares; with love

A Poem by Mistress of the moon
"

Signed; 𝒜𝓅𝒽𝓇𝑜𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑒

"
I don’t expect you to look at the moon and think of me anymore.
But if you do I hope you remember every “I love you” I ever whispered because I meant it.
I hope in the next life you love yourself enough to give yourself all the happiness you ever wanted.
I hope all the stars in my sky protect you, I hope your every taste of honey is sweet, and I hope you never live with regret.
I hope you never stop talking to my moon.
I hope we still dance together in our dreams, I hope you get everything you ever wanted.

© 2020 Mistress of the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i can barely imagine a more difficult thing to pray upon someone who has broken one's heart .. it takes great maturity and a wondrous vision of moving forward in health and happiness .. simply stated .. strong metaphor and personifications in nature ... very emotive for me ... i cheer your protagonist on ... well done says i!
E.
ps. nice to meet you!

Posted 4 Years Ago


The pain of separation after a very close relationship is quite apparent here. The speaker, while conceding it is all over, still possesses deep feelings for the other. I detect no hint of bitterness here. I hope that perception is accurate.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I've always found the story of Ares and Aphrodite intriguing. In one sense, it can symbolize man and woman - war - love - and their union.
In another sense the Greeks observed long ago that beautiful women tend to like 'the bad boy', the man of action, perhaps a little violent, ill tempered, and brutish - the alphas

Anyhow, digressing like always.

Enjoyed this piece. Pure romance without shade of bitterness.
For some reason what comes to my mind is a love letter to a husband who is about to deploy for war.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 11, 2020
Last Updated on January 11, 2020

Author

Mistress of the moon
Mistress of the moon

PA



About
A new age Elvira, a young morticia, a humble goth girl with a want to write now and again. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5