Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by MoonSparkWolves
"

Six year old Skye and her mother are in her room as her mother tell her a bedtime story.

"

"The world was once fulled with forests, which have all kinds of plants and animals. Deer, squrriels, frogs, lizzards, bears..."

"And wolves!"

"Yes Skye, there were wolves too. Well, back a long, long time ago, there was a special forest, a forest full with all kinds of magic and animals. It was called the Wolf Heart Woods, and it was run by a group of wolves, five wolves to be exact, they were all Alphas of their kind."

"Ice wolves, Sky wolves, night wolves, sun wolves, and earth wolves."

"Yes Skye, that's it. These wolves together were called the Moon Spark Wolves and they ruled the Wolf Heart Woods and protect the creatures that lived there."

"Mom, why where they called the Moon Spark Wolves?"

"Oh, well the Moon Spark Wolves guarded a very special thing, a statue."

"What's so special about it?"

"Oh, this statue was very special, it was what gave the Moon Spark Wolves their powers."

"Powers, what powers?"

"Why, all the wolves had special powers, each one different. The sky wolves could control the winds, they have beatiful white wings and can soar across the sky. Earth wolves controled plants and can cause earthquakes and landslides. Night wolves can control shadows, they summon dead creatures that can help them in battle and do task for them. The sun creates life, so naturally a sun wolf can make anything appear in the palm of it's paw. And ice wolves are the most powerful and rarest wolf. They can freeze water in the blink of an eye and control any body of water. They cause snow and..."

"What's snow?"

Skye's mother laughed, "Snow, goodness, I forget that there is no winter anymore. Well Skye, snow is like rain but frozen. There once was a season called winter, it was coldest of the season and they only one when snow fell."

"Sounds horrible."

"No, winter was lovely." She sighed, "Well anyway, the statue that held the wolves powers was a statue of Gaea, Mother Earth. The statue was called The Moon's Spark because once every few hundred years, when the statue is most powerful, the alphas wolves gathered around for a very special event."

"What kind of event? Like a party, or, or a circus. Was it a circus?"

"Now, now, Skye, let me finish. Anyway, to protect the Wolf Heart Woods from evil, the alphas would gather around the statue and use their powers to power the statue. It would cause a large spark, a spark so powerful it caused the moon to cross over the sun, it is called an eclispe now but was once called the Moon Spark. This spark was what keep the forest safe."

"And they lived happlily ever after?"

"Well no, the Moon Spark wolves lived in peace for about seven-thousand years before something horrible happened." Skye's bright green eyes went wide as she gribbed her blanket tighter.

"One day, the wolves gathered at the center of the woods where the statue was kept to do the annual Moon Spark Cemotry, but, it was gone!"

Skye gasped, "What happen to it? Where'd it go?"

"That's the thing, no body knows. The wolves searched everywhere for their beloved statue, but they couldn't find it or find out who did it. The wolves power slowy disappeared."

"Really, all of their magic?"

"Yes, and even the sky wolf's wings."

"No more flying wolves?"

"No more flying wolves."

"Wow, what happened next?"

"With no protection and little power, humans began to cut down all the other forests and making cities."

"We did that! How could we hurt the pretty wolves?"

"Skye, we didn't do it, other humans from long ago did."

"Oh, ok, it still sounds wrong."

"It was wrong. We humans made more and more cities as the wolves tried to decide what to do. Then, Marina, the Alpha ice wolf, had an idea."

Skye jumped up on the bed and shouted, "What was it?! Did the wolves save the Wolf Heart Woods?"

"Skye, lay back down!" Skye's mother laughed. "Do you want your father to hear you? You know he wouldn't like it you're up past your bedtime."

"Opps," Skye laid back down.

"Anyway, Marina said if they used their magic together, they would have just the right amount of magic to hide the forest where it would be safe. The other wolves agreed, it would sapped the rest of their magic out of them, but they had to save the forest. So all the wolves gathered around and bend there heads to the ground. The focus all their powers into the woods as the whole forest began to tremble. The Moon Spark Wolves force every ounce of their powers into the woods and the forest disappeared."

"What happened next? Where'd the woods go?"

"No one knows, the wolves hide it somewhere where no one would find it."

"But someone has to find it one day!"

"Ah, but the wolves made sure that wouldn't happen. It is said that when the forest disappear, a group of creatures agreed to help protect the woods. They stop anyone who tries to find the forest...unless they are worthy."

"How do you find the woods, how can you tell if you're worthy?"

"Well it is said that to find the woods you must go to the old location of the woods and follow the river to find The Merry Men. If you are worthy, they will help you find the woods. And knowing if you are worthy?" Skye's mother lended over and kiss her forehead. "I'll let you find that out." She walked over to the door and turn off the lights. "Good night Skye." She slowly closed the door and Skye listened as her foorsteps echeod thoughout out the large house.

"Good night mom." Skye said she closeing her eyes.

But little did she know that was the last time she would ever see her mother alive.





© 2013 MoonSparkWolves


Author's Note

MoonSparkWolves
Sorry if there are tons of grammar and spelling mistakes. Please give free back!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is quite a creative introduction. The creativity is what gives this idea of a story life. For only being twelve years old, you show plenty of talent here; I'm quite impressed. As you are well aware, there are grammar errors here and there, things such as omitted words, misspelled words, and shifts in tense, but those skills will be honed in time. Continue to flourish the creativity, while focusing on character development as you develop the plot. Cheers. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


MoonSparkWolves

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013


Author

MoonSparkWolves
MoonSparkWolves

Delta Junction, AK



About
Hi, I'm Laura, I'm 12 years old and I love to write! I mainly write fiction and fantasy stories, but I love animal stories too! I live in Alaska and boy is it cold! I have been writing for about two y.. more..

Writing