Seraph X Prologue

Seraph X Prologue

A Chapter by Kristopher

“Captain, get down!” the seraph lieutenant grabbed his captain by the ankle and yanked him earthward. The captain dropped, just as a sizzling energy sphere flew overhead.

“There are too many hellions!” the captain shouted, twirling his spear like a dervish. He spoke something quickly and a beam of sapphire light shot from the spear tip, bowling over a group of charging hellions.

“We have to retreat!” the lieutenant said, covering his mouth with his sleeve. Smoke was everywhere. “Captain, come on!” the lieutenant muttered a spell and a section of the wall crumbled away, leaving enough space for a body to get through.

“You go,” the other seraph said, narrowly dodging a sword stroke. “I’ll hold them off.”

“What? No! There are far too many to fight by yourself!” the lieutenant looked over his shoulder, then turned fully, sword singing as he slid the weapon from its scabbard.

“Go now—that’s an order!” the captain slammed the butt of his spear on the floor and a small burst of power sprang into the midst of the hellions. The lieutenant stared at his captain, stupefied. “Aren’t you listening?! Go, damn it!”

The lieutenant backed toward the hole in the wall, but kept his hand on the sword’s pommel. Suddenly, a flash of light blinded him and he tripped and fell; his sword slipped from his grasp.

The light cleared and he blinked his eyes. Even the smoke had dissipated. “Captain?” he called. He was met with eerie silence. Grabbing his sword, he climbed from the hole and peered into the room. It was empty! So where had the captain gone? He screamed.

“CAPTAIN!”



© 2009 Kristopher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on September 29, 2009


Author

Kristopher
Kristopher

NJ



About
Writer of urban fantasy. more..

Writing