Season of Hyde

Season of Hyde

A Story by Morgan Wolfram

Once in an early land far away with vast mountains and where mighty kingdoms stood tall, In a world where mystical arts of magic was common, Dragons still flew above and the great forests were filled with the most eldritch of creature; men don't dare to pass by. Beautiful yet barbaric beings of the woods were seen as tricksters and a constant threat to humans. The two eminent races of men and faeries despised each other to the fullest.

 

A young lad named Hayden; a black smith from a small village fell hopelessly in love and trance with his child hood acquaintance; Beatrice; A wealthy and respectable beauty! But the kind of men she adores were strong, brave, risk taking adventure wrecks with tough physical brilliances; Where as Hayden was nothing of that sort. He was timid, prudent, shy cautious and some one who can protect her rather then lead her into to misguiding adventures. But shattered of the fact he means very little to Beatrice; Hayden; against his own will; wishes to beef himself up by capturing a beast; which is considered noble to gain her affection. By accident He saves a Nymph (A spirit of the forest who cherishes and guards nature, they usually take animal appearances , occasionally human) named Farrenwore from a poison arrow even though Nymphs are on Men's black list. In return, out of courtesy Farrenwore insists lending himself as tool in Hayden's quest. But the two of them agree to keep their distance from each other due to hindering tension between their kinds. They embark on a thrilling journey way past the boundaries and how small they thought the world to be. There are up and downs, many consequences and flashback through out this adventure. That reveals the pasts and deepest secrets of both the character and their dedication to one and other's safety that despite all odds lead to friendship. The beast Hayden swore to slay is a beautiful female Centaur (half woman,half horse) named "Hyde" who is cursed to turn any one who lay eyes on her, mesmerised by her beauty into granite stone. Apparently the murdress of many lives in the same way. During the quest Hayden and Farrenwore are ambushed by a herd of glaistigs (fuath like faerie spirits) and taken to DallRavenn ,coincidently the residence of the prince of Centaurs; Juttaviel Lars. Lars decides to help since Hyde had caused lots ruckus with his life and surroundings before. He reveals Hyde's real name is Novarian Hyde, she was the most charming, gracefull, elegant and the queen of Centaurs and had numerous husbands and lovers. When one of her lovers out of jealousy granite poisons Hyde's only daughter, Helga resulting in her death. Hyde took an oath for revenge and to wipe out all of her husbands and lovers. She meets a Powerful Sorceress and trades her throne as queen for a boon that turns people to granite when they are charmed by her. Hyde now lives at villycraft Clift and attracts people by the sound of her bewitched harp.The only way to kill her is to stuff your ears with bees wax so hear none, blind fold yourself so you do not look at the murdress and at last flash a mirror at the killer reversing her own spell.

Hayden finally prepared and confident for the moment of slaying his goal and wining over the heart of his one and only.  But his will is crushed and nervousness swoops in when his blind fold falls off just as he is to strike; revealing the sight of the gorgeous killer. Both Hyde and himself are left shocked when the curse doesn't work on him!

Realizing his fantasies and heart are only alarmed by Beatrice herself; Hyde is unable to hurt if not charm him.

 

Impressed by his dedication to Beatrice, Hyde decides to make a deal with the boy. She may give him a treasured apple; If he doesn't kill her. She tells him to feed the apple to his love; and Beatirce will fall for him instantly poisoned by the apple's ability to manipulate desires.

This leaves Hayden in a difficult dilemma and aching indecisiveness. After spending the evening with Hyde and her pity; he finally snaps and cuts for Novarian Hyde's long silky glorious hair breaking the curse and turning every victim back to their original self. Hayden confesses to her as he rather earn his love then cheat. Destroying Hyde's dignity as Lars ambushes in and has his final fight to the death with his former wife who finally bestows her peace with Hayden as she lays breathless and infamous dead.

Accomplishing his success and reaching the end of his journey with tears of joy and proudness, Hayden takes Hyde's bewitched harp as a proof and symbol for slaying a horrendous monster. Farrenwore and him travel back to where they started only for Hayden's worst nightmares come alive as he finds Beatrice married and happy without him. Coming to the grasp that he never saw Beartice to who she really was and only imagined a perfect version of her. Though depressed; He's glad to achieve a life changing adventure that made be better and sort out himself.

 

And hence the story ends with Hayden leaving the village again to repay Farrenwore; his most trusted friend for his help that turned the tables to a brighter future.

© 2013 Morgan Wolfram


Author's Note

Morgan Wolfram
Hello
I'm writing a tragic book for my friend. It's of High Fantasy, Adventure Fiction genre.
This is the summary of it. I just wanted to have the plot constructed and stored on this site first. It won't be published.
Is this a good story? Please give me your opinions on the plot!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Make sure your tense is consistent. "The kind of men she adores were strong..." is wrong. It should be "the kind of men she adored were strong..." I noticed this more than once. Also, make sure you use semicolons correctly. In many places you use them where there should be commas or periods instead.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013