Firestar Chapter 5 *Language warning!*

Firestar Chapter 5 *Language warning!*

A Story by MotleyMelly
"

Mickunae's brother finally finds him, but what are the drawbacks when Vincent's past won't let him believe what he sees?

"
A light blue light zipped about, staying out of sight, though sprinkling snow about... An ice fae, that wasn't Mickunae slipped into a secluded hiding spot in an alleyway, behind a dumpster, turning to his full size which was around 5'4". Black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, it was none other than Micku's own brother, Banschae.
Pinching his nose,  Banschae winced and began using his senses to find Mickunae. His senses had much better range in this size, but... He didn't have his brother's talent of hiding his wings...  His best bet to stay hidden was being tiny.  Clenching the snowflake-like staff in his other hand, he tried to focus over the stench and the flies. Ooh, those flies... In his tiny form, they were monsters!! He'd pick up on Mickunae after a few minutes... Micku was... Quite near! Getting a smile, Banschae almost forgot to turn back into the little blue glowball as he zipped in the direction sensed. 
Following this, he landed outside a window and peeked in, his eyes lighting up as he saw a group enter with his very own baby brother!! He wanted to cry and holler for joy at the same time, but he kept his composure. "Oh, 'Ckunae...!" he whispered to himself. How his baby brother had grown! He was unbelievably happy to see that his brother was safe... With all that had happened, it was like a calming snowfall, sun glistening off each flake! He'd looked long and hard... He just couldn't wait another second!!!
Nash entered the apartment, Tia excitedly guiding him in. "I see not too much has changed." the bassist remarked with a smirk. "... You can't see at all." Vincent felt he needed to state, getting a stuck out tongue... In the semi-wrong direction? Micku teased, "Oi! It wasn't me! Put that tongue back in your mouth!"  Nash rolled his eyes with a smirk, "You know it was meant for Vinnie."
"Vinnie??" Vincent had to ask. Nash shrugged in response, as Tia smirked, "I like it. It's gonna be your new name." Vincent turned bright red, "N-No, it sounds like a girl!! I'm not a girl!" Micku pretended to look confused, "Really? Cause I thought..." Vincent huffed. Admittedly, for a male, he did have wide hips. And a high voice.  Tia opened the window in the living room, for some fresh air, even if the screen was torn. "Sorry if it's stuffy, Nash. It gets that way in the late afternoon." She'd state.
Nash was about to say something, but almost as soon as Tia had turned towards him, Nash felt something whiz right in, past his face, "Ah! Bug!" he yelped, not in fear, but surprise. Tia and Vincent both began to run amok, attempting to catch it. Micku did for a moment, before he realized what it was and shouted, "Stop! Give him space!" The others looked confused, and watched as the blue glowbug gently landed on the floor, barely bigger than a strand of the carpet. In a whirlwind of snow, it quickly grew to the size of a person!
Tia looked shocked, yet oddly enchanted as the figure looked to be another young man, but like Micku, an ice fae! The ice fae was dressed in the finest clothes and had a light cloak that moved with the slightest wind, as if it were only a thin layer of frost itself. He carried a stately staff, and wore an extravagant head dress of silver and blue pearls.  Micku stammered, "B-Big brother... What're you....??"
The fae smiled, "The war is over, Mickunae. You... You can come home! I- I know the guards would normally come, but- But I-- Micku!!!" The fae was clearly so excited, he had to hug Micku tightly as he could without breaking him.  Micku seemed surprised, but looked to Tia, Vincent, and Nash who all looked worried, "Banschae? This is Tia, Nash, and Vincent." Micku would gesture to them, as soon as his brother released his hold. Banschae turned, and jumped.
"Ah! Excuse me! Where are my manners? " Banschae looked a bit embarrassed, "I am Banschae Sramielle, Older brother of Mickunae. Both of us, princes of Yeilia." He'd bow at the waist, in a proper manner.  Tia smirked and gently bumped Vincent with her hip. This guy? Mickunae? Brothers? She was trying not to laugh at their contrast. It was just a bit funny is all. Vincent was doing the same. Nash tipped his hat, "It's an honor, your highness... Though the door may be a less alarming entry next time."  
"Ey, Micku?" Vincent addressed. But it's like Micku already knew his concern as he answered, "No, I'm not leaving the band. No way in hell. This is what I want to do... No offense, my brother." Banschae nodded, "I won't do like mother and father, and attempt to force you." Micku smirked, "Glad to hear it. Maybe if the others agree, I can show you what it's like to go on tour? I mean, if you aren't going home right away." Tia now bit her lip, "Are you sure it won't scar him for life?"
Banschae now looked perplexed, "On... Tour?" Tia nodded, and looked to Vincent, who was biting his lip... "I.... Can we get to know this guy first? Not to be an a*s, but..."  He felt like a jerk for saying this about his bandmate's brother. But... Touring with strangers?? Not to mention... Vincent couldn't help but find the sudden appearance a bit... out of place. Maybe it was his protective nature, but... Well, what if this WASN'T actually Micku's brother??
Nash would blink, "On tour? Well, now that'd take a bit more planning before we set out on that... Though it's something I'd certainly enjoy, why don't we all settle down for a bit?" Micku could only laugh, slightly embarrassed, "Gah, s**t. I'm sorry to get so excited. Just...First Nash, then..." He held back a happy squeal. Banschae smiled, happy to see his brother so... Happy! But he felt like he had a lump in his throat. He knew he'd have to break the news sooner or later. But... Micku was so... He looked down at his feet, silent. Maybe, he figured, a private talk eventually might do some good. 
Nash smiled, "I completely get it. I mean... My brothers, grandparents and I... Just... Does the story even need to be told? We're close as can be. " Tia would smile, "Same with my sisters and my parents." Vincent stayed quiet. He loved his parents, but... He had plenty of vile things he could look back on. "Sir?" Banschae addressed him, "Does something bother you? Are you not close to your family?" Vincent looked up from under his hair, and practically snarled. Not so much at anyone in particular. "Dead." is all he said.
"Uh-oh..." Tia bit her lip, "Vince...? Hey, sorry. " She'd walk to the blond and embrace him, to be met with his warm hug. Vince would bury his face. At least Tia, Micku, and Nash understood he always had strong emotions, but family was a rougher patch than most.  Nash didn't know the story, but when he heard Vincent's snarl, he knew it probably wasn't pretty. Micku stood aside and stepped back to Banschae. Nash had to ask, "Anything I can--...?"
This was interrupted by Micku going "No. Just... Let it be what it is." Tia held Vincent for a little longer, before the blond gently pushed away, "Thanks.... No, Micku... Nash... He deserves to know. " Banschae looked worried, "Shall I leave the room?" but Vincent looked him in the eye... Vincent could almost read Banschae's worry like an open book... Strange, how when his emotions struck, he was able to read other people's emotions more easily...
Vincent would sigh and shake his head, "If you can handle it... Stay." Tia looked worried, but knew opening up cold help Vincent. The blond took a deep breath, "When I was a child... My parents were alcoholics that were also addicted to drugs... I was raised in a closet, and was practically their cigarette extingusher when I wasn't Cinderella." He started. "Being raised like that, and not in the best neighborhood, I got into a bad relationship, very early on... I was twelve. I remember she was around twenty.... something... " He shut his eyes and trembled some. But he kept his cool.
"You were only a kid.... " Nash whispered, and Vincent nodded, "I didn't know any better. I was lonely and hurt... I didn't know she'd never let me go home.  I didn't know she'd beat me until I let her have 'her way'. " He'd clench his fists until he calmed back down. "Then... a while later... Months after I'd escaped back home... And my parents began cleaning up their act... Miracle was born." Vincent actually smiled a bit. Nash looked a bit shocked, "You... Never said you had a child...! That's beautiful!"
Vincent opened his eyes, which sparkled a bit with tears, "Well... She was... Her mother never named her, so I did... Miracle was, and still is, the most beautiful thing I'll ever see. " He had his sad smile, "My parents did a great job of cleaning up. And I actually got to keep Miracle for a while, before the state decided that the mother of a child has the first right. " Nash looked a bit confused, "Even if the mother's....?" He wanted to say more, but Vincent knew. He answered, "Yup... When Miracle was two years old... She got sick. And her mother would not help her. When I got my visitation, I did everything I could to help Miracle. "
Banschae looked horrified, ".... What mother would...? That's--... I don't even have words...!"  Micku winced, "And Miracle died." he'd finish when Vincent couldn't go on.  Nash would come over and embrace the singer. Even without children of his own... He could only imagine a parent's grief when their child is gone forever. Even though Vincent was so young, he was still Miracle's parent. Her only true parent, as far as Nash was concerned. 
"Please tell me the so-called mother has at least been put away..." Nash spoke, and felt Vincent nod. Nash squeezed Vincent tighter, and wanted to cry himself. As for Micku, it now made sense why Vincent was so snippy with Banschae, about not knowing him. Vincent was trying to keep Micku out of something like the relationship he got into.  Banschae seemed to understand it as well. "Vincent..." he whispered, coming a little closer, gently, and non-threateningly. 
"Are you concerned that I may not truly be who I say I am?" Banschae asked. He didn't know how else one should ask this but bluntly. Vincent would turn and look to him, "I.... I guess that's one of my concerns, yeah...."  Banschae sighed, "Fae... We cannot lie. Yes, we can joke, yes, we can tease, but we cannot tell a real lie." Micku would nod to this, "That's why while disguised as a human, I never claimed to NOT be a fae."
Vincent would look at Micku, and bite his lip... "No offense, but how do I know that statement in itself isn't a lie, Micku...? What if it's just something you've been told all your life?" Micku shook his head, as did Banschae. "There's proof of this... In history, and it does happen to this day." Banschae spoke.  Micku looked around, "Vince, if you really need proof..." Vincent went to tell Micku it wasn't necessary, but before he could, Micku shouted, "I am a human being!"

© 2017 MotleyMelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017

Author

MotleyMelly
MotleyMelly

Casper, WY



About
I'm no professional,however, I always have new ideas brewing! My fiction universes are huge, with many characters, and my mind never stops coming up with new ideas for them! I was born in the 90's,.. more..

Writing



Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5