Stone My Heart

Stone My Heart

A Poem by Mr. Lopez

Just how much heavier

Can one heart get?

When that heart lives in the shadow

Of a mountain of regret

 

I don’t regret giving love

But in thinking it true

I don’t regret ever saying

"I love you"

 

So many times I reached out

And in truth I did seek

So many times lied to

By a heart that was weak

 

Stripped of my dignity

By my so called friend

Going through the motions

Playing house she pretends

 

What of my love

And my smile of joy?

What of my dreams

That she helps to destroy?

 

Not just the love for a woman

But the love to be free

I miss being happy

I miss being me

 

© 2008 Mr. Lopez


Author's Note

Mr. Lopez
This poem is a mess ! But i just wanted to post something before going to bed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"But the love to be free
I miss being happy
I miss being me"


ML... stop putting your poetry down!
This is hardly a mess... !!

Again, your rhyme and flow
are a hit!

And these lines in particular
are so well understood and
you've expressed them perfectly..

Yet another great write!
I'm running out of clever adjectives for you my friend...
You've taken them all!!! :)





Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"What of my love
And my smile of joy?
What of my dreams
That she helps to destroy"

this was my favorite stanza of the poem, and it is surelly not a mess here Lopez! These words are beautiful and so true, they sound so well from the heart.

"I don't regret giving love
But in thinking it true
I don't regret ever saying
"I love you""

i love this stanza to because it shows the true angel in you, about how you do not regret giving love, you only regret that you were decieved in thinking the relationship was true...

this poetry is truly beautiful, it may be a "mess" according to you, but it truly from the heart from what I know...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not just the love for a woman

But the love to be free

I miss being happy

I miss being me

It's sad how wrapped up we get in love and lose ourselves. We somehow suffer from the delusion that we can't live or be happy without that unrequited love. I love this poem and it's definately not a mess! Stolen from the hearts of everyone who has ever been crushed by love!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not a mess at all, at all... This is a sheer flow of emotional burst that is just great the way it is.. my own insomnia offerings are never this good. Love is difficult indeed~that divine maddness path can make you the most happiest person, saddest person, and maddest person...and sometimes all at the same time! LOL... you have depicted the miracle that it is and how that miracle can be overlooked or ignored so it blinks in and out of existence... people can think what they want..but a heart that is true cannot explain as reason and logic do not exist in True Love...don't listen to them...listen to your heart...and she will hear its beat and know it true...and if she doesn't she was not the One for you...sucks yes, that! but what can ya do except your best... I love the last lines the best...this is when Love is True indeed! when both can be free to be and what growth happens when the two do this together!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with everyone else. I definitely don't find this to be a mess. It's beautifully written and the emotions are very well expressed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can definitely feel the emotion in this one, ML.

Just how much heavier

Can one heart get?

When that heart lives in the shadow

Of a mountain of regret

Think we have all lived in that shadow of regret, but the key is not staying there-Learning from our mistakes and moving on. If we don't, it has the power to destroy us.

Sounds like this was a great release, and I agree with Dani-This definitely isn't a mess. Very well executed.

Carole

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't find this to be a mess. I liked the thought flow of someone hurt. That is how we are at that time. I think it adds to the character. I like the poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aww this is so pretty
I actually love it. It's heart wrenchingly beautiful
and definitley true, so many people go through things like this.
Great job!

♥Kriss

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First off, this poem is not a mess by any means!

The format drew me in immediately.

When a person lives in regret, the guilt holds he/she down allowing no hope for growth. I read that to ask for forgiveness from Jesus, but to continue living in guilt - (always feeling as if forgiveness has yet to be given, shows no faith). To learn that forgiveness only has to be asked once and the slate is clean is relieving. Satan loves when we live in the shadow of regret.

This poem feels personal and I read the words with conviction. I think you did an awesome job here and this poem shows that you have been hurt by someone whom you tried to love. I know the fault is hers and not yours.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I totally disagree to your note that says this is a mess.... this is, in fact, very heartfelt and has a lot to share when it comes to matters of the heart..

it's sad, but it got me hooked. it tells me that to love others, we must first love our self. For when your love wasn't requited, it will hurt and disappoint the most, and will make you feel like you have emptied yourself out.

Not just the love for a woman
But the love to be free
I miss being happy
I miss being me

summed it up in the end! wonderful job!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not just the love for a woman
But the love to be free
I miss being happy
I miss being me

Excellent!! This is just an awesome poem. Love how the end becomes so much deeper.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 14, 2008
Last Updated on July 27, 2008

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..