I Know...

I Know...

A Poem by Mr. Lopez

I know that when you finally lay you
Down to sleep
It will weight you down so much i know
This hate you keep
A thousand forms of fear will steer
You to the grave
You don't need to feed this hate
And be its slave
I know that i know now just how
To let it go
Because of that I'm giving back
So i can grow
Take my advice and follow me into
Clarity
And if you do then you'll know too
Serenity

© 2009 Mr. Lopez


Author's Note

Mr. Lopez
Just a little something before bed..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I totally agree with the feeling and meaning of this... Like a bed time prayer, I think it flows well and speaks just what we have to tell ourselves to keep going every morning.
no matter how life gets, how heavy is seems to push down upon us, we need to be able to find things that allow us to keep reaching for the light.

Wonderful Poem!

Tara M Stone

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As always your writing never disappoints! I love the sentiment, and you expressed it beautifully. Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I totally agree with the feeling and meaning of this... Like a bed time prayer, I think it flows well and speaks just what we have to tell ourselves to keep going every morning.
no matter how life gets, how heavy is seems to push down upon us, we need to be able to find things that allow us to keep reaching for the light.

Wonderful Poem!

Tara M Stone

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is probably the most simplistic piece I have read thus far. But I have discovered that at your creative peek or at your simple stage your poems are powerful and pack a punch. Thank you for sending me this read request. I have now seen another side of you. Great work! keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


. . .Wow hun and thanks. I know it's not for me or to me, but it's exactly what I needed to hear. Are you peeking in my open window again?? It teared me up cuz it's me at this precise moment. Grrr...I'm gonna build a resentment against you for making me cry! So aside from the personal feelings this invoked it's amaxing. Almost like a nursery rhyme and the first line lends to that reference. The flow is great and can almost be sung, but the message is clear and thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 2, 2009

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Seasons Seasons

A Poem by Mr. Lopez