HOSPITAL BED

HOSPITAL BED

A Poem by MrTabulaRasa
"

A premonition as an old man about my days on earth.

"

I sit, I walk, I'm weak from thought….When I lose my teeth I  wish my feet would talk....

If they did they would probably spill, my many travels that's left me still…..

From dirt roads to golden streets, from hard concrete to the sandy beach….

I've explored explanation from every extremity…All that I have found is that there is no remedy….

All the memory I've accumulated….Has developed nothing but hatred….

I kick, I scream, I fight these dreams…..and watch the demons pollute the streams….

They once housed life and light of hope, and now they lay dry with nothing to float….

And all of my thoughts, I swallow and choke....It's the poisonous people that have left me broke…

I'll never get back, I'll never ask why….I look to the sky with dark shade eye's, and wonder if I was ever alive…..

I wonder why trust has never been easy, and wonder how lust can dangle and tease me….

The love that I've known has been betrayed and then gone, so searching for substitution is a plate of it's on………

I question belief,  and truly believe that nothing exist to cure my grief……

My chest is caved in and my mask is on tight, my tears are stained deep, and have blinded my sight…..

My mouth  points south and my feet walk backwards, faster and faster I run from it all…..

I need help and I'm hopeless, and I wish you were here…Whoever you are please heal my fear….

I need you to steer, I need you to drive,  I need you to help my mind stay alive….

© 2009 MrTabulaRasa


Author's Note

MrTabulaRasa
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 14, 2009