Shattered Glass

Shattered Glass

A Story by Aurora Rose
"

" A woman finds love that she lost in herself

"

Dear Willow Tree,

What do you make of me? We pass each other by sometimes we exchange words other times I wonder if I exist to him.. The weather is overcast so I laid up next to my window. Typing away, I heard footsteps toward my door. When I went to open the door no one was there.. He is almost like a shadow.. Today was more difficult than usual, I wanted to hide in a ball and cry. All the emotions I kept away for so long finally hit me,  a wave I wasn’t expecting.  The life I once built was shattered, I couldn’t love myself enough to let go of someone who didn’t love me back.. When I stepped back and took a long look in the mirror seeing what the years of worry and stress has done to me. I grabbed all my letters I wrote to my ex husband.. I never sent them, I think apart of me didn’t want to go back to him… because I knew that if I did I would be broken again.. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of all our memories, very few were worth keeping… Sure we had fun, but at what cost? The late nights , the lies, the hidden text messages.. I know now that I deserve better. With all those letters I was going to send to him I went down to the fire pit  in the back porch and burned them all.. I sat under the darkened gloomy skies and opened the flood gates. I cursed the heavens wondering why the universe would let me become the broken mess that was barely standing.. I didn’t care if any one was watching, it was just nice to let go.. To finally become human again, no matter how much I smiled and pretended everything was ok. I knew deep down inside I wasn’t and it was just a matter of time before the glass began to shatter..

” There has been heartbreak in my path,

I still have faith in love

My true love awaits , no more heart ache

Are you a man filled with Kindness & Love spare?

One who is direct and speaks the truth?

Are  you the Man of his word?”

© 2015 Aurora Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on November 30, 2015
Last Updated on November 30, 2015
Tags: broken, shattered, love

Author

 Aurora Rose
Aurora Rose

Mexico , MO



About
I am a mother of four, a writer, poet, lover and cancerian more..

Writing