Mom's Prank to Her 6th Grader

Mom's Prank to Her 6th Grader

A Story by Shelley Holt-Lowrey
"

Mom sends Principal's letter to her 6th grader advising that 7th grade is closed due to budget cuts.

"
It is quite possible that my sense of humor is slightly warped.  It is further possible that my son will require therapy when he is older.  In the mean time, however, we laugh a lot at our house. 

Following is a "joke" letter I created, and had delivered to my son  on the day of his 6th grade graduation... right as he was being promoted to middle school. 



© 2012 Shelley Holt-Lowrey


Author's Note

Shelley Holt-Lowrey
This had the entire 6th grade boy squad in an uproar right after their 6th grade promotion to middle school. Personally, I think my parent card should be revoked.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok... k... k... aw hell, still laughing...

You are EVIL!! and that is soooooooooo good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In a sad and totally non-politically motivated aside, since Governor Brown's real March, 2011 final budget proposal, the Great State of California has instituted an additional THREE mid-year trigger cuts to California's K-12 and post-secondary school systems. Middle school is open for business, but without many of the necessary services required to provide academic support to its student population. They may graduate on time, but whether they can read, write, compute or globally compete when they do is something that is quite uncertain.

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

683 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 16, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..