Look, Listen, and Feel

Look, Listen, and Feel

A Poem by Mrs MelRose

Look - to see if they’re black and blue. Pay attention to their respiration. Are they breathing normally. Look to see if they’re doing something they wouldn’t normally do. Look in their eyes for discoloration or for tears.


Listen - to their breathing to see if they are doing it. Listen to the words they say cause they may try to hint on what they cannot say. Listen to their tone, their volume, their heartbeat to hear the vital indications that something is wrong.


Feel - for a pulse or a warm spot. If there is one, then start rescue breathing until they come back to consciousness. If there isn’t one, then start CPR. Feel the pain in their hearts and start to investigate. Feel their trembling and give them the warmth of comfort. Don’t worry about breaking a rib, just try to save their life.


How coincidental that the same steps for CPR are the same steps for saving your best friend’s life. In more ways than one.

© 2013 Mrs MelRose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on March 15, 2013

Author

Mrs MelRose
Mrs MelRose

NC



About
I have been writing stories and poetry since I was 11 years old and I love writing. I have had a few poems published in two of my high schools' literary magazines. I still write and most of it is expr.. more..

Writing
I Bleed I Bleed

A Poem by Mrs MelRose





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5