Unik (caricature)

Unik (caricature)

A Story by EbonyFair
"

Perhaps, life as we know it, is not always that difficult to handle - but only, the people managing theirs. ‘Life Abroad’

"
Martha Brux (pronounced as ‘Brooks’) had always been aware of the difficulties living abroad that she chose to manage her own welfare without asking assistance from her fellow colleagues or countrymen. In fact, Martha knew better to keep her independence than to involve others.

‘What good will it bring me to burden others of my affairs when they also have theirs to carry?’ She mused to herself as she sat in her chair while scribbling some notes in her notepad.

It was already the middle of the day, past one o’clock after school lunch when she found herself immersed in thinking. Prior to this, Martha knew that she was going to spend her free time ogling her empty white table as her afternoon schedule was devoid of any classes; and so, with the advice from her mentor, it would do her good to do something rather than being idle.

‘The dull part of this seemingly carefree and easy job,’ she thought, nibbling her bottom lip as her pen continued scratching against the smooth parchment laid before her, ‘...is having a lot of free time and not knowing what to do of it.’ Sighing, she straightened her spine and stretched her arms before returning her focus to a seeming important task that should never be interrupted at any cost.

Martha had been living a perfect life - so far; no form of any problem or conflict arising around her for she knew well how to carry herself. However, despite all of these precautionary measures she had set upon herself, she knew that external factors will soon come knocking at her. Only time can tell how long she’ll be able to hold on.

© 2020 EbonyFair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on June 30, 2020
Last Updated on June 30, 2020
Tags: Life

Author

EbonyFair
EbonyFair

Writing
Prison Prison

A Poem by EbonyFair


Unik Unik

A Story by EbonyFair