Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

A Story by Random Writting's Of me....

In recent months I have been doing a little searching of the soul one might say,always considering my self a very spiritual person i was lacking a way to focus that part of myself and due to that, feeling very lost spiritually.

I was born catholic and raised by very old school catholics (my grandparents) who oddly were very Liberal,not at all what you would expect...granted they believed in the bible and its teachings and all that goes along with it, but they were not the type of people who were scared of hell lurking around every corner that i found most other catholics were.

Needless to say the religion i was born into lost its meaning to me and i was unsure why i just kind of went with it and started living my life on what i felt was morally correct and good which to a certain degree if your born with any common sence you already know what is right and what is wrong by the time you reach a certain age.

I started doing research on other religions just to see if by chance something else was for me,just because your born into something doesnt mean you have to stay in it at least thats my way of thinking.

I didnt come across any religion that really called to me (some say they get a spiritual calling,i think they must have my number listed wrong)however i did come across a phillosphy instead Buddhism,I have to say the more i read and researched it and im very much still in that process,the more i loved it,one of the things that really made me want to be a part of the teachings is that its focus is so much on the spirit and the nourishing of it rather than focusing on hate,judgement,being politically correct and what not to do in life so you dont rot in eternal hell fire,The very core of the philosophy is one that i think is shared with most other religions "do unto others as you would have done unto you" but i think it has been lost in translation and forgotten with those other teachings.I really felt as though i had been a Buddhist since birth without even realizing it and at first i was like how very cliche im going to sound by now considering myself buddhist but im really o.k with that,i like fried platans and thats cliche too (me being cuban and all).

So i began my chanting of "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" along with the other sutra prayers  about a month ago and it has really awakend me in a sence,I see differences in me that i hadnt seen in a while or ever and i dont mean this in a trippy way i just mean im more concious as far as what i say,the decicions and choices i make overall just more "aware" even in the most simplest of things and i know that sounds a bit outlandish but its meant in the most simplest of ways i assure you,just small changes.

By no means am i criticizing any other form of religion i think what works for you is great i just wanted to share a little about me and where im at. thanks for reading.

 

    "The Secret of Health"

       for both mind and body is

      not to mourn for the past

        worry about the future, or

          anticipate troubles,but to

       live in the present moment

         wisely and earnestly.

                                       -Buddha

© 2008 Random Writting's Of me....


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hey thanks for sharing this. It's partly informative and partly personal and mostly just communication, which is great. I enjoyed the little bits of humour -
"(some say they get a spiritual calling,i think they must have my number listed wrong)".

Nicely chosen quote to end on.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 5, 2008

Author

Random Writting's Of me....
Random Writting's Of me....

Tampa, FL



About
Well a little about moi..... -26 (bah i plan on staying this age for a while lol) -Cuban/Sicilian Heritage -Pisces (Such a Dreamer) -Spiritual (Buddhist) Personality (I think I got alot of that!!) .. more..

Writing