Lil boy true

Lil boy true

A Poem by Random Writting's Of me....
"

i over heard a conversation and the father was speaking about his son who had recently passed and it was interesting to hear what he had to say so this kinda stuck with me and i wrote this poem.take it for what it is.

"

Lil boy true woke up blue,with many a thing to ponder.

stressed by a overwhelming guilt to follow in the steps of his militant father.

A charming shy guy whose life was a well disguised lie,leaving not an eye to wonder.

impatient was he to finally be free,soothed only by the tender love shown by his mother.

Soon it would come time to leave the boy behind and take on the mantle of a burdend soldier.

With the question of why he looked to the past and sighed,there had been no reason to live up to his brother.

He prayed for peace and to no longer suffer,but the call was never answerd by that higher power.

Eventually some would be recieved but by no miracle you see,it was merely the break of summer.

Now with no clue to our lil boy true there was a suprise just around the corner.

Then the night came that he met the person who would change,his well set ways of being a loner.

End had come as quickly as it begun but in this short time thier love had blossomed like a flower.

His troubles would return with even a more hurtful burn but he wore his new found love like armor.

On that fateful night right before he was to be off to fight,he let all be known to his father,

racing thru the rain his heart filled with pain,there was only one cure and it couldnt be given by another,

Knuckles banged wood and when the door slowly opened there he stood,the cure a touch from his lover.

Secounds melted and spun like years,giving no time to speak of future fears instead they exchanged vows  and promise from one to the other.

Off to the land of dont ask dont tell,things seemed to be going well,there was even a letter of approval from his father.

Till a red soaked day that fire flowed like water and the sky echoed the sound of gun shots like violent thunder.

Battle was fierce and his heart pounded and began to flutter until all seemed to become silent and his ears seemed to focus on a childs cry that rubble from a building had come to cover.

Blinking his teared filled eyes he knew he might die but he chose to fly, his life was not most important it was the chance he could give another.

Lil soldier true who served the great red white and blue,my sympathys to your father and mother,

Your life no longer a well spun lie even with the truth no one could deny to had known you was an honor.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Random Writting's Of me....


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was way more poetical than I thought it would be.

It had a great flow, and almost perfect rhythm, and it was a really good story, on top of that.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on October 3, 2008
Last Updated on October 5, 2008

Author

Random Writting's Of me....
Random Writting's Of me....

Tampa, FL



About
Well a little about moi..... -26 (bah i plan on staying this age for a while lol) -Cuban/Sicilian Heritage -Pisces (Such a Dreamer) -Spiritual (Buddhist) Personality (I think I got alot of that!!) .. more..

Writing