9/11

9/11

A Story by Random Writting's Of me....

Like many other people I remember where i was and exactly what i was doing on 9/11.

It started off as a wacked day for me i had made my way into work mistakenly thinking i was supposed to be there,Making my way back home i noticed more than a few cars pulled off to the side of the road making calls on thier cell phones or just sitting there ,which  now i realize they were listening to broadcasts on the radio or perhaps in shock with worry.Recently into a fresh apartment that i had lived in for about 2 weeks i turned on buffy the vampire slayer and started to use the day to unpack some boxes that lasted a good 20 minutes because i got into the the show and laid on the sofa for a nap,As i was about to drift off my phone rang which i ignored unsure if it was work wanting me to go back in since they saw my face there already,i slowly decided to look at the caller I.D and saw it was my grandmother,So i rang her back and she asked if i was watching the news and i replied no(im not one for the news honestly ,if it isnt good news its no news for me),she then began to tell me a plane crashed into the face of the statue of liberty,now my grandmother as sweet as she may be will never get the story right even if she is looking at it as its happening, i think its a cuban quality she inherited that can lead to many mishaps but thats several other stories,Shocked that the statue of liberty was now faceless and wondering what idiot was flying drunk, i turned on the news and i saw alot of stuff going on, split screens of people walking coverd in a white ash powder,a building that was bleeding smoke and some guy who i didnt know rambling information that made little to no sence to my ears ,still kind of dazed i was wondering well what on earth is going on with the statue of liberty,flickin the stations to find out and who was more clear i finally realized good ol nana was wrong and it was the towers that were hit and the more information i got the more it started to sink in this was live T.V and this is really going on and right when that happend the camera turned to people tossing themselves out of windows and my heart plummited into my stomach and i couldnt help but cry,panick of sence set in and i was wondering if this was going to be the only thing that was going to happen,was new york thier only target but what can one really do in those moments but feel completely and utterly helpless.It was a horribly sad and unforgettable day and the loss of life is something that im sure family members still feel.

I worked as a supervisor at a department store and in the following days i think we sold out of every american flag or anything representing it, i think that lasted for months,one thing that stood out to me and it was something i had never experienced was how everyone reacted,in the following days and maybe weeks after people were so kind and respectful and giving and patient with one another,my neighbor who had previously just kind of glanced at me before actually came over and introduced herself and it was like that every where in my community it was really something to see,it felt like nothing seperated us,no matter your background,sex,race,age,religion it wasnt relevant it was the fact we all shared 1 thing in common and that was our home we were all americans and even though we werent attacked here in our city and we didnt feel the full anguish the ones who were there experienced,we knew what the full picture meant and the fact was they attacked our freedom.What a concept and what a gift and what a mind set to have,something that so many people have fought for,the very thing that we live here for that so many have died to get here and make so,to live your dreams and have the freedom to do so.

I'll always remember 9/11 and where i was and what it was i was doing,i'll always remember it for what it was, a great tragedy,I will also always remember where i was and what it was i was doing when i found out what it was to be an American and the power and meaning of what it is to be free.

© 2008 Random Writting's Of me....


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on September 11, 2008
Last Updated on September 11, 2008

Author

Random Writting's Of me....
Random Writting's Of me....

Tampa, FL



About
Well a little about moi..... -26 (bah i plan on staying this age for a while lol) -Cuban/Sicilian Heritage -Pisces (Such a Dreamer) -Spiritual (Buddhist) Personality (I think I got alot of that!!) .. more..

Writing