Dear Mother

Dear Mother

A Poem by Random Writting's Of me....

Dear mother,

 

 Bounded together through blood,likeness,quarrels and tears.

The memories of us can be described with endearment laced with bitterness in past years.

 

 Words spoken in heat that sliced into the skin like freshly sharpened knives.

An unforgiving vow to not speak for the rest of our lives.

 

 A agonizing addiction slowly consuming a person once known,leaving behind a shell of emptiness no soul to be shown.

 

 The battle for your healing led down a horrifying path,restless nights of hope that contradicted a ferocious wrath.

 

The resentful switch of roles between you and me,no longer the child but instead the parent how i wished it was seen.

 

Caring for you like you were suppose to care for me,an unfair responcibility for someone barely a teen.

 

The days of unworry replaced with stress and maturity,if it werent for strength id had drowned in a multitude of insecuritys.

 

The end came not from the endless cries and begging for change,no,instead it was two blue men escorting you to be caged.

 

A plead for mercy from a sharply dressed  guy,it was far too late, it was now time to say goodbye.

 

So now i sit and write Dear mother,i think its time to call a truce,i forgive you for the past the pain and the drug use.

 

 

You were riddled with sickness and for that there is no shame,we all are entitled to mistakes so lets forget about the blame.

 

 

 

Time has healed the wounds so i feel ready for us to begin anew,so as i write this one request as a favor my heart whispers it gently...please forgive me too.

© 2008 Random Writting's Of me....


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very deep and moving with a wonderful ending.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Absolutely amazing poem. I really loved it, it's so full of emotions and it's written beautifully. It really tugged at the heartstrings.

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW!!!! THIS IS A VERY DEEP AND PAINFUL POEM TO READ. IT WAS PROBABLY EVEN MORE PAINFUL FOR YOU TO WRITE. IT IS VERY EMOTIONAL, AND I FELT FOR A MOMENT THAT I WAS SEEING IT THROUGH YOUR EYES. IT IS VERY BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 9, 2008

Author

Random Writting's Of me....
Random Writting's Of me....

Tampa, FL



About
Well a little about moi..... -26 (bah i plan on staying this age for a while lol) -Cuban/Sicilian Heritage -Pisces (Such a Dreamer) -Spiritual (Buddhist) Personality (I think I got alot of that!!) .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..