Bliss

Bliss

A Poem by Kassie
"

The experience of finding myself and my bliss through great loss. This is my first try at creative writing in many, many years. It feels good! Enjoy!

"

BLISS

A life experience by Kas Anderson

February 6, 2011

 

I felt something rising up inside of me.  I could hardly believe the emotion, but the strength of it left me no doubt.  It was real and I was the lucky recipient of its pureness.  Bliss… pure bliss… supreme happiness… utter joy… the felicity of a life well lived and far from over.  The realization of it was stunning.  I suddenly understood that it was the reward of suffering the depths of darkness with strength and grace. 

 

It’s frightening how fast one’s life can change.  The carelessness of one took the life of another and I am forever left without the man I loved.  A difficult choice I made the night my life’s path changed.  Had I been a solitary woman my choice might have been different.  But I had children.  And no matter what their age, they always need their parents to be strong.  Now, I was their only parent. 

 

I chose to be the example of how to move on and embrace life.  To acknowledge the pain and conquer it.  On the outside I was a pillar of strength, but on the inside I was wounded and weak.  I was proud that no one saw the wounds or their depth and relished it each time someone told me how strong I was.  The great deception was working. 

 

I took each day as it came, week by week, year by year.  I threw myself into my work so as not to feel.  But each night as I slept alone in our king-sized bed I felt the absence of the one who had made my life a comedy of love and laughter.  I kept telling myself that time heals all wounds and I wished the time to go by faster. 

 

As it always does, time did pass.  Much of it spent in my kayak becoming one with healing waters.  The river I traveled, a trail of tears, has led me to this moment.  I have experienced a clear and sudden realization of joyfulness, euphoric rapture, a reward of emotional health and true happiness.  Somewhere along the journey I had found myself.  The individual I was born to be.  A child of God, blessed with this gift called bliss.    

 

© 2011 Kassie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful work.
I am very inspired how you managed to win a grave crisis of your life.
I adore you for your indomitable spirit to protect your children and maintain your dignity.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Absolutely Beautiful. It show's the power of who you are and makes it tangible for the other people to relate if they have or will have to go through what you did. Absolute great choice of words... Who's your editor... I wish I had one like that.... Actually I wish I had you..... Are you available? How about Friday? Thanks for the good write Kassie. I hope we will meet again on this literal journey.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2011
Last Updated on February 8, 2011

Author

Kassie
Kassie

Vancouver, WA



About
All about the arts, baby! more..