Three Days of Rain

Three Days of Rain

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

 

 

 

 

Three days of rain

and the willow bends its branches low,

like the pendulum sway of a grandfather clock…

like the guileless accordion of fingertips

gliding gently across

a lover’s brow.

 

© 2008 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely adore this poem....

being a lover of trees, willows being my favorite

this piece is stunning.....

brilliant.

L

Posted 16 Years Ago


I really like the way that you take the branches of the willow tree and turn them into "the pendulum of a grandfather clock", thus giving these living branches a type of harmonious interaction with the constant linear perspective of time. It really brings everything that you're trying to say in these six lines more vivid, and thus, more meaningful, to the readers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Simplistic and beautiful. I love the use of willows as a symbol and visual; they're mysterious and beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Beautiful, peaceful, subtly sensual...has almost a haiku feel to it. Quite nice, Kelly.

Posted 16 Years Ago


What could be sweeter than the honest touch of a lover's hand? Your guileless use of metaphors so close together (what choice, the poem being so short!) is a brave poetic touch . . . the cynic could accuse you of being poetically lazy or cliche by writing a poem thusly. He'd be dead wrong, however. This poem truly hits the mark from a mile away, dead center into the heart. I never saw it coming, too!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a nice little short poem. I thought it was pretty well written in general, with imagery that creates a mental picture of the effect of rain on nature so vividly.

Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
16 Reviews
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing