Metaphorically Speaking

Metaphorically Speaking

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

...a part of who I am



Metaphorically Speaking

 

 

I am a poet.

Metaphorically speaking ,

I bleed muted words

 

and drink the moon.

 


© 2019 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Kelly, first I apologize for such a late review. I read this one shortly after you posted it and thought I’d left a review.

Yes, you are a poet! And, in these few words capture the magic of poetry, the silent pain we bleed onto pages, redeemed later with the moon’s distant influence. A literal success, I say.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.E. Ray

4 Years Ago

Ok, that’s weird. I didn’t see my previous review until I posted this one! Well, lucky you... tw.. read more
Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

I know the feeling, Robert!



Reviews

WOW...Kelly, I am at a loss for words after reading this little gem! You do drink the moon and your poetry is always fantastic....hardly muted. So glad to see one from you! Lydi**

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Thank you, dear Lydi! And a Happy Holiday to you and yours!
Lydia Shutter

4 Years Ago

Thank you!

I like this little fragment immensely.... cheers Kelly

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

...and I like you, immensely! Many thanks, Nev!
So much said in so few words Kelly, that we all understand perfectly, and strive to reach the peaks of your words and taste the moon ourselves.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Thank you most kindly, Lorry. It's always good to see you here!
Amazing! How as poets we absorb what is around us, it runs through our veins and then once internalised and magicked with our own interpretation and creativity, bled out in words - lovely!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Such a lovely interpretation, LauraKate. Thank you ever so kindly!
oh my goodness.... Kelly! well done! i love this ..best and most memorable poem on the poet i have ever read ..and written in senryu form with added drinking of the moon .. is perfect .. how i wish i had written this one for sure ;) love love love it!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

You've got me smiling from ear to ear...thank you, Gene!
Kelly you’re a poet and I like to spread it all over my toast like Kelly jelly! It’s feels wonderful in my belly but some times I eat to much and I start swelling then I can’t leave my dwelling:(? lol I recently took a photo of myself eating the harvest moon it has a lovely taste but I think I like your spread better

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Now, that's a compliment that brought a smile to my face. Thanks, Bunny!
You have taken a haiku … well done by the way … and elevated it onto a celestial plain. The final line was sublime … I will toast the effort later with a taste of Baco Noir.

P.S. there is no metaphorically … you are a poet!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

A thousand thank you's, my friend. I'd say I am in good company.
certainly fits the bill. can't get much deeper than bleeding and drinking. powerfully clever and creative. cannot deny that which you are. really like this ... :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Pete. Your support and kindness mean everything!
Kelly, you've captured in fourteen words what we read in your poetry, original art in few poetic words. This is you, and perhaps a few others too.

Poets seem to leak (bleed) what they'd never say aloud to a friend or loved one. And, your "drink the moon" phrase says more to me than others might read. You look beyond what's under your feet and around you, and you reach higher for inspiration and fulfillment. Another beautiful, original work!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

You are ever so kind, Robert. Thank you so much!
Perfect in every way. Well done!


Posted 4 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Edie. It's been a while - good seeing you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
38 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 4, 2019
Last Updated on October 4, 2019

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing