Lonely Voyager

Lonely Voyager

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

Lonely Voyager

 

 

 

i’ve put an ocean between us

an unchartered course

of half moon promises

my heart remains in absolution

a lonely  voyager.

© 2023 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Always the ocean, always the lonely voyager with a heart in absolution when it should be face to face with another struggler..some other worthiness as we sail our unchartered course over the words that make us what we are in the emptiest of pages we have chosen. Well, a half-granted promise is better than no promise at all and the distance is always the hardest of critics which is why we dare this sea at all. Hereby granted forever the pardon whatever the reflection or affliction! You are a poet after all ;)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Here on this highway of poetry, I've read many I considered very proverbial and yet, Lonely Voyager by Kelly Scheppers is even more profound. Deeply expressed. Golden!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

It's very near and dear to me, the inspiration behind this one. Thank you most kindly, Akoto!
I also have a tendency to look back...mainly as a reminder of where I went wrong. I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice. Some say distance is running away. I think sometimes it's a necessity!
Love all the lessons in this short little piece. As always a pleasure to be back and reading you again.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Eve. It's good to see THAT avatar again in these halls!
"An uncharted course" is just what one needs at times, absolution or not, a freedom from guilt is like the foot prints we leave along a lanquid shoreline, to be erased by the next gentle wave. We do not look back.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

I have a tendency to look back, especially to reflect upon something I had to let go of. That's wha.. read more
I like when you say "my heart remains in absolution." A lonely Voyager can certainly be a happy one. Wonderfully written little poem. Tyfs

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

I am thrilled you chose this one to review. It's quite dear to me. Thank you most kindly, Cyprian!
The tug of love is so strong; that even when it's for our own good, the separation is painful. It's the hardest thing in the world, to distance yourself from someone that you love. The isolation, the yearning, the ebb and flow can be devastating. Sometimes, logic has to overrule love.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Perhaps it was logic that was perceived here to be the better thing to do. I certainly hope so. Tha.. read more
reminds me of "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter"

Two oceans separated by empty fields and stretches of deserted woods. A scary proposition.
There is a melancholy to this that pulls at the soul for any who have walked in those shoes.

Good one Kelly

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Good seeing you, Ted. Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Thank you!
hauntingly beautiful ... takes me into half moon night in the deep ... rhythmic movement of our wonderful oceans .. i'm thinking Pacific ;) she drifts doesn't she ... past the pain and loneliness ... "...in absolution" .. Wow! great line in a powerful minimal poetic expression .. just perfect says i! perfect!
E.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

"...she drifts past the pain and loneliness, in absolution." I'm more partial to the Pacific myself.. read more
Excellent if melacholy piece of beauty. It brings so much into the mind.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Ken. You're always a welcomed sight to see here!
I enjoyed reading this. There seems to be no monopoly on pain and loss for anyone. I've certainly known more than my share. It seems every day I'm remembering the loss of someone close to my heart; my mother, my father, my brother...or anticipating the loss of others hanging by mere gossamer threads to life. I can't contemplate too long on the subject or I become depressed. And I know that is the last thing those I've lost would want for me. They'd want me to live...to live for them and to recall all the good times we shared together. But sometimes, it isn't as easy as all that.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

There is no monopoly, and our friend Jacob would wholeheartedly agree. This life afforded us is har.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

1 Year Ago

To you, as well. Give a look to my latest, "Good Hands". I don't care if you review. But it might gi.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
25 Reviews
Added on January 10, 2023
Last Updated on January 24, 2023
Tags: separation, distance, heartbreak

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing