Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Jess
"

And suddenly he realized...

"

He was Miami Beach on a hot day in summer. He was the chill of snowflakes on a cold day in winter. He stuck a toothpick between two faded white teeth that peaked out from a smile as wide as the sun. Mine slowly sank. With lips parted I felt the foam of his ocean drown me. A knife stabbed in my stomach. I felt like I was coming alive and dying at the same time.

It’s difficult when your body is being pulled two ways: the one of romance stronger than the one of friendship. And how unlikely it was that I would be caught so dead in the middle, how a strike of lightning pierced my skin like a racecar turning left. I tried to pretend nothing had changed while his eyes glittered in the dim light, but I knew everything did.

He looked at me, his smile relaxing a bit, and all thought from me disappeared. At least I wasn’t as obvious as I believed I appeared to be. But he wasn’t stupid, either. It was only a matter of time before he could see the blue of my veins wrapped thickly beneath a striped sweater. His eyes were inside mine, wrapped in emptiness. He probably saw the dark corners as a breeding ground for light switches. I hoped he wouldn’t come up empty handed.

“You a’ight?”

No. I was not. I never would be.



© 2013 Jess


Author's Note

Jess
short as hell but yeah

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013
Tags: yelawolf, the weeknd, fanfiction


Author

Jess
Jess

NY



Writing
So Wrong So Wrong

A Book by Jess


Cold Cold

A Story by Jess


Love Story Love Story

A Story by Jess