Who's Scared?

Who's Scared?

A Screenplay by Christopher M. Musick
"

I am HUGE Scooby Doo fan so a few years ago I tried to make a short film as a tribute. It was basically a live action episode of Scooby-Doo Where Are You. The film didn't work but here's the script.

"

Who’s Scared?

 

The full moon shines brightly in the night outside the Hanna event center. Inside a group of people socialize. Everyone has a drink and some have food from the small buffet table. Daphne, Velma and Fred approach their friend Sharon.

Daphne:

Hey Sharon, we just wanted to congratulate you on this fundraiser.

Fred:

Yeah, there was a great turn out.

Sharon:

Well thanks guys. Yeah it feels great to have all these people show up for this. I gotta be honest we weren’t sure if too many people were going to show up, but it actually has become quite successful.

Velma:

It’s a really great thing you’re doing getting the word out like this, especially for such a great cause.

 

A man enters the conversation from behind Sharon.

 

Stuart:

Not to mention all the money we got.

 

Sharon laughs and Stuart puts his arm around Sharon.

 

Sharon:

Guys this is my boyfriend Stuart. He helped me quite a bit with expanding the foundation. He’s the whole reason we’re here really.

Daphne:

Oh yeah. You were originally based in Alaska weren’t you?

Stuart:

That’s right. We were doing really great there and we grew quite a bit. So much in fact that Sharon and I decided that maybe it was time to go elsewhere and try and bring the foundation to others around America. There are enough of them in Alaska to run things while we’re gone.

Sharon:

And we decided to start here in Colorado because I had family and friends here. And it looks like we were right. Thanks to all of you.

Fred:

Well hey, we were more than happy to help out. We’re always interested in giving money to a good cause.

Velma:

We even got Shaggy and Scooby to donate. After they heard it would be catered.

They all laugh.

Sharon:

Where are those two anyway?

 

At the buffet table Scooby starts picking at every item at the table. He piles some onto his already huge plate, others he just stuffs in his mouth. He goes down the line and stops where Shaggy is at. Shaggy is standing assembling a large sandwich made of various things at the table. He continues piling stuff on as he addresses Scooby.

 

Shaggy:

Get a hold of this beautiful thing right here, man. Now this is like a Super Sandwich.

Scooby:

That looks rantastic.

Shaggy:

Yes it certainly does.

Shaggy notices Scooby eyeing his sandwich a little too much.

Shaggy:

Hey settle down there, man. I made this masterpiece so I will be enjoying it. This is my Super Sandwich. You can make your own.

Scooby walks off to get more food and Shaggy marvels at his sandwich for a moment then is about to take a bite when he hears Velma call him.

 

Velma:

Hey Scooby, Shaggy, come over here for a moment.

 

Scooby and Shaggy make their way over to then but first Shaggy stops and sets his sandwich on a nearby table to be safe.

 

Shaggy:

Hey Sharon great party the food is terrific.

Sharon:

Thanks Shaggy I took great care to make sure it was good enough for you and Scooby.

 

Scooby slowly sneaks away from the group eyeing Shaggy’s sandwich.

 

Shaggy:

Well it certainly gets my stamp of approval. How about you Scoob?

 

Shaggy looks over at Scooby whose mouth is full and he’s standing next to an empty plate. Shaggy looks at the whole scene trying to analyze it in his head. He approaches Scooby and picks up the empty plate.

 

Shaggy:

Did you like, eat my Super Sandwich?

 

Scooby nods his head in both shame and satisfaction. He then speaks with a full mouth.

Scooby:

I’m rorry.

 

Shaggy just looks at him disappointed.

 

Shaggy:

Bummer, man. Super bummer.

 

A man comes up to Sharon and Stuart handing them keys to the building.

 

Mr. Carswell:

Well, Sharon I’m gonna take off for the night. I’m afraid it’s passed my bedtime. Old men need to go down with the sun. Here are the keys to the place. I trust you’ll lock it up tight when you go. And I’ve made sure that all the cash from the fundraiser was sealed up tight in our safe.

Sharon:

Absolutely, Mr. Carswell. Hey guys I want you to meet Mr. Carswell he owns this event center.

Daphne:

Oh wow. You have a great place here Mr. Carswell.

Mr. Carswell:

Well thank you. Yeah, the Hana Event Center has been in my family for many years now.

Fred:

Well it looks great.

Velma:

You must take great care of it.

Mr. Carswell:

Well I try. Although I’m afraid we’ve fallen on some hard times in the past couple years. We haven’t had an event here for a quite a while until Sharon and Stuart showed up of course. They were our first clients in months.

Stuart:

Well we’re happy and very grateful to use the place Mr. Carswell.

Mr. Carswell:

Well I better be off. Good night kids. Have a fun evening.

All:

Good night Mr. Carswell.

 

Mr. Carswell leaves.

 

Velma:

Should he really be giving you the keys to the whole place to lock it up?

Sharon:

Probably not.

 

Stuart gets in front of the room and clangs a glass to get everyone’s attention. Everyone looks up at him. Shaggy looks over after putting something on his new plate. While he’s distracted Scooby snags the thing off the plate.

 

Stuart:

Well we just wanted to thank everybody for coming tonight and helping out. We’re so happy to find other people willing to give to such a great cause. And we also want to give you a huge thank you for making this our most profitable fundraiser, ever!

 

Everyone applauds and smiles around the room. Shaggy notices that the items on his plate are gone when he puts it down to clap. Scooby is clapping as if nothing happened. Suddenly all the lights in the building go out. Some small table lights and candles still manage to light the room a little. Scooby and Shaggy are startled by the darkness. Sharon comes up to the group.

 

Daphne:

Oh no. What happened?

Fred:

Looks like a power outage.

Sharon:

Damn, right when were about to really get the party going.

Daphne:

Well hey, why don’t we take the party over to Barbara’s down the street they’re open late and have plenty of food and games and things.

Sharon:

That’s a good idea Daphne.

Stuart:

I’ll stay here and start cleaning everything up and lock up.

Sharon:

Oh I should stay here and help.

Stuart:

No you go this is your party.

Velma:

Hey, it’s both of your guy’s party. You both go we’ll stay here and clean up.

Fred:

Yeah, and we’ll check on the power and close the place up and meet you over there soon.

Sharon:

You sure?

Daphne:

Of course. It’s no problem at all. Go have fun.

Sharon:

Well, okay thanks guys. Here ya go Fred. You’ll need these.

 

Sharon hands Fred the keys Carswell gave her. Stuart addresses the whole group again.

 

Stuart:

Hey, everybody we’re all gonna move the celebration over to Barbara’s.

 

All the people start following Stuart out of the building. Shaggy and Scooby follow everyone else. But Fred grabs them.

 

Fred:

Where you guys going?

Shaggy:

Barbara’s

Scooby:

Yeah, Barbara’s

Fred:

Not us. We’re the cleaning crew.

Shaggy:

Um, hey man we didn’t volunteer for any cleaning crew. We’re gonna get us some barbecue chicken chili cheese fries, plus it’s all dark in there

Scooby:

Reah dark!

Shaggy:

Yeah, and this place gets kind of creepy in the dark.

Daphne:

You sure? You know we’re gonna have to clean up all these extra snacks.

 

Shaggy and Scooby look at the remaining food at the buffet. There’s still quite a bit left.

 

Scooby:

Re’ll stay.

Shaggy:

Yeah. Like, let’s get cleanin, Scooby.

Scooby:

Ruh huh.

Fred:

I’m gonna try and find the breaker box. It’s probably in the back.

Velma:

Daphne and I will start putting some these things away.

 

The gang all goes their separate ways. Shaggy and Scooby start going to town on the remaining food. Fred is walking to the back of the building holding a flashlight. He begins to talk to himself.

 

Fred:

This place isn’t that creepy.

 

Down the hallway there’s a quick inaudible whisper. Fred hears it and instantly spins around startled pointing the flashlight in every direction. He stops and composes himself for a moment.

 

Daphne and Velma are putting stuff away in the auditorium area. Daphne puts something away then backs out of the small storage room Velma is still in. She starts hearing slow creepy whispering coming from somewhere in the room. She taps Velma to get her attention.

 

Velma:

What’s up?

Daphne:

Wait. Listen.

They hear the whispers again.

Velma:

Probably just the guys trying to scare us.

 

Daphne looks down the room suspiciously. She sees a figure exit the room from a dark corner.

 

Daphne:

I hope so.

 

 

Shaggy and Scooby are in the other room with the food. They put down a plate that has a clean ham bone laying on it.

 

Shaggy:

What a ham!

 

Scooby nods in agreement. Shaggy looks around at the empty plates and stuff around them.

 

Shaggy:

Ya know, Scooby. We probably should start actually cleaning some of this stuff up.

Scooby:

Right.

Shaggy:

Let’s start by cleaning these dishes off.

 

They both grab some empty dishes and take them into the kitchen. Scooby starts emptying scraps into the trash as Shaggy starts washing some of them off. As they clean they hear the same whispers but a bit louder.

 

Whisper:

Creeeeeper.

Shaggy:

You say something Scoob?

Scooby:

Rot me.

Shaggy:

Hmm.

Whisper:

Creeper.

Shaggy:

All right. Come on. Are you trying to freak me out?

 

Scooby shakes his head “no”.

 

Shaggy:

Well if it isn’t you than who is it?

Scooby:

Rye dunno.

Whisper:

Creeper.

 

Scooby comes across a clean metal platter and sees a reflection behind him. The figure in the reflection moves away. He looks over and sees Shaggy still standing next to him. Scooby becomes very alarmed then hears the whisper again.

 

Shaggy:

I think it’s getting closer.

 

Suddenly a figure creeps into the kitchen moaning in front of them. It’s man wearing all green torn up clothes with green glowing slime on him with a zombie like face.

 

Shaggy:

Like, what is that!?

 

The Creeper lets out a loud moan. Shaggy and Scooby yell back in terror. They all three stay stationary for a moment after the yells subside. Then finally the Creeper yells again.

 

Creeper:

Creeper!

Shaggy and Scooby:

Raaaaahhhh!!!

 

They both start freaking out and looking for a way to get out of the kitchen but they’re cornered by the Creeper, finally Scooby sees a little window area that goes into the next room. He quickly rolls out the window as the Creeper goes after him. Scooby falls into the other room, leaving Shaggy behind. Shaggy sees an opening behind the Creeper and tries to get passed him but the Creeper swings over and grabs Shaggy accidentally tackling him. They fall to the ground and some of the slime lands on Shaggy’s shirt.

 

Shaggy:

Aw man, come on.

 

 

Fred, Daphne and Velma all meet up in the hallway.

 

Velma:

Hey Fred did you find the breaker?

Fred:

No not yet.

Daphne:

Were you in this room with us earlier?

Fred:

No. Why?

Daphne:

We heard some strange whispering and I could’ve sworn I saw someone leave the room. But I didn’t recognize them.

Velma:

It was probably just Shaggy and Scooby.

Fred:

Hey where are those guys anyway?

 

They all hear yelling coming from the room next to them.

 

Shaggy:

Gang way!

 

The doors fly open as Scooby and Shaggy run out of them. They smash right into the rest of the group. Velma’s glasses get thrown all the way down the hallway.

 

Fred:

Shaggy. Scooby. What the….

Shaggy:

We gotta like get over here right now, man! There’s something in here!

Daphne:

What? What’s in here?

Velma:

Did anyone see where my glasses went?

Shaggy:

It was like, like a….

Scooby:

Zombie rhost!

Fred:

A what?

Velma:

Can someone please find my glasses? I can barely see.

 

Shaggy finds them and hands them over to Velma. She stands up and puts them.

 

Velma:

Okay then. Now what’s this about a zombie roast?

Shaggy:

We were like in the kitchen cleaning up some dishes when this weird, slimy, dead looking dude comes creeping up on us moaning and groaning.

 

While Shaggy explains Scooby kind of acts out the shambling of the Creeper and impersonates the moaning.

 

Scooby (impersonation):

Creeper. Creeeper!

Fred:

Are you guys messin with us?

Shaggy:

No man, look. Like it got some it’s nasty slime on me. I’m probably infected with some something awful!

 

Shaggy shows them his shirt. Velma takes a closer look at it.

 

Velma:

Well it looks like you may have been attacked by something. I don’t know if it was a zombie ghost. But it could be someone.

Daphne:

But we’re the only ones here.

Fred:

Supposedly. Maybe someone broke into the event center.

Daphne:

But why?

Fred:

I don’t know. But we’re gonna find out.

Scooby:

How?

Fred:

By finding this guy.

Shaggy:

What!? You want to find that thing? It’s the walking dead, man! Let’s just get out of here!

Velma:

We told Sharon we’d lock this place up and make sure it was safe. We just have to find him and ask him some questions.

Shaggy:

Good luck Velma. I’ve only had a brief interaction with him but he doesn’t seem like much of a talker.

Fred:

Well we have no choice. Did you see where he went?

Shaggy:

Um no we were too busy trying not to get ate!

Fred:

Okay then we’ll have to look everywhere. Shaggy, Scooby why don’t you go search the storage room.

Velma:

I’ll check the auditorium.

Fred:

Good. Then Daphne and I will check the back rooms.

Daphne:

Got it.

Velma, Daphne and Fred all walk away, leaving Shaggy and Scooby behind. Scooby looks over at Shaggy.

Scooby:

Raggy, ret’s go.

Shaggy:

We can’t leave. Come on, Scooby. If we see that Creeper again we’ll just bash his head in like they do in the movies.

 

 

Velma is searching around the auditorium. In one of the storage rooms she sees a glowing box. She opens it and finds party supplies like streamers and glow sticks. She leaves and passes a glass window. As she passes a man behind the glass opens his eyes and watches her walk by. Fred and Daphne are searching a hallway of rooms. Fred goes into one of them alone. Daphne is walking around getting more interested in her nails. She starts looking at them and mindlessly opens a door and walks thru it. She looks up and notices she’s outside she spins around to try and grab the door but it shuts. She can’t get it back open.

 

Daphne:

Shoot!

Fred leaves the room he was in.

Fred:

Daphne?

 

He hears a door slam shut behind him. He spins around quickly and doesn’t see her.

 

Fred:

Daphne!?

 

Fred starts frantically running around looking for Daphne. Meanwhile Daphne is outside walking slowly being vigilant. She steps on some paper and looks down. It’s a newspaper.

 

Daphne:

Someone missed a trash can. Wait a minute.

 

She looks closely at the paper and then picks it up.

 

Daphne:

Jeepers, this isn’t a Colorado newspaper.

Fred looks around a room with a bunch of video game cabinets in it. He notices there’s a large puppet curtain on a small stage. He approaches the curtain slowly and cautiously. Finally he opens the curtain and sees a devil puppet staring at him. He jumps in fright and then comes down. He picks up the puppet and chuckles at himself.

 

Velma:

Hey Fred.

Fred jumps again and spins around to see Velma enter the room.

Fred:

Oh, Velma.

Velma:

Sorry, did I scare you?

Fred:

No of course not. Find anything?

Velma:

Nothing. Where’s Daphne?

 

Suddenly there’s a pounding on a door in the room. Fred and Velma both jump. They hear Daphne on the other side of the door.

 

Daphne:

Hello? Let me in!

Velma:

It’s Daphne.

 

They both go the door and let Daphne in.

 

Fred:

Daphne. How did you get locked outside?

Velma:

Get a little lost?

Daphne:

Maybe a little. But I found this.

 

She presents them with the newspaper she found outside. Fred and Velma read it.

 

Velma:

Hmm. This is interesting.

Fred:

Very.

 

 

Shaggy and Scooby walk into the storage room. It’s a small room with a bunch of storage tubs full of stuff.

Shaggy:

Well, no sign of tall green and creepy. Hey what’s all this stuff?

 

Scooby opens up a tub and finds a bunch of puppets and costumes inside. Shaggy opens up one next to him and sees the same thing.

 

Shaggy:

It’s like a bunch of props and costumes. They must put on shows for kids here or something.

 

They start messing around with some of the stuff in there like the puppets. And they put on some of the costume and do impersonations laughing at each other. Then they find some fake swords. They start messing around with them faking a sword fight but then break into a sword fight. At the end of it they look at each other amazed at their apparent skill.

 

Meanwhile Daphne, Velma, and Fred are walking around the building with the newspaper.

 

Velma:

Well if this newspaper article is true than I think I may have a good idea what’s going on here.

Fred:

You’re right Velma. But that’s only IF someone is actually in here.

Daphne:

You mean if Shaggy and Scooby were telling the truth.

Fred:

Well I don’t wanna call them liars but they do sometimes get a little caught up in things. They could be over exaggerating a little. Because I don’t know about you guys but I haven’t seen a ghost zombie anywhere.

 

Just as Fred finishes his sentence he opens a nearby door. The Creeper stands in the room and looks over at them.

 

Creeper:

Creeeper!

Fred/Velma/Daphne:

Ghost zombie!

Fred:

Run!

 

The three of them take off away from the Creeper. The Creeper chases after them.

 

 

Shaggy and Scooby are still in the storage room messing around when they hear crying in the other room.

 

Shaggy:

You hear that, Scooby?

Scooby:

Zombie Rhost!

Shaggy:

Wait, no. I don’t think so. It’s like a girl crying.

Scooby:

Relma, Raphne!

Shaggy:

We better check it out.

 

The two of them hurry into the next room. The whole room is dark now, no more lights and candles. The crying continues as they look around the room.

 

Shaggy:

It’s like dark in here eh, Scooby?

Scooby:

Yeah, all the lights are out.

 

Scooby spots something in the opposite direction of where Shaggy is looking. Scooby has a look of terror on his face.

 

Shaggy:

But, like where’s that crying coming from?

 

Scooby taps Shaggy on the shoulder and points at what he’s staring at.

 

Shaggy looks over and is shocked. A small girl stands by the wall of the room crying. The girl looks dead and very creepy.

 

Scooby:

Rirl.

Shaggy:

That’s not girl Scoob, that’s a Dead Girl! Like run!

 

They both start shouting and run out of the room. They run all the way back to where the rest of the gang are up against a wall. They all look scared and staring straight ahead.

 

Shaggy:

Guys we gotta get out of here there’s like a dead girl in here now! What are you all looking at?

 

Scooby and Shaggy look over and see The Creeper. The Creeper sees them and goes after them. The rest of the gang run passed him. Scooby and Shaggy follow them. Fred gets knocked to the ground in all the chaos and keys fall out of his pocket. The Creeper comes up on him and looks like he’s about to attack. Fred braces himself but the Creeper just grabs his keys and runs off. Fred gets up. He goes out into the hallway and doesn’t see the Creeper anymore.

 

Fred:

I think he’s gone.

 

The rest of the gang except Scooby, join Fred in the hallway. Shaggy doesn’t see Scooby anywhere.

 

Shaggy:

Scooby-Doo! Where are you?

Scooby:

Rover here.

 

Scooby comes out and joins the rest

Scooby:

Rone?

Shaggy:

Yeah Scoob, he’s gone.

Velma:

But why? He seemed so determined to get to us and then he just gives up?

Shaggy:

Like, who cares? He’s gone let’s get out of here.

Fred:

We can’t leave he took my keys.

Scooby:

He took your keys?

Fred:

Yeah, I got knocked down and my keys for the van fell out and he snatched them up and took off.

Daphne:

What would a Ghost Zombie want with keys?

Shaggy:

Like, the zombie ghost is gonna steal the van!

Velma:

I don’t think so. Look.

 

Velma points down at the ground showing the rest of the gang some smudgy green glowing footprints.

 

Velma:

It looks like he went this way.

 

They follow the prints right up to a wall.

 

Daphne:

The prints end at this wall.

Shaggy:

He can like walk thru walls!

Velma:

Don’t be silly.

 

She inspects the wall more and finds that it’s actually not a wall it’s a door that’s been carefully covered up. They open up the door and see a long dark stairway going down.

 

Velma:

See, that creature probably went down here.

Fred:

Than that’s where we’re going.

 

Shaggy and Scooby look down the stairway and look at each other.

 

Shaggy:

Yeah, we’re not goin down there.

Fred:

Oh come on you guys. Chickens.

Shaggy:

Ya know what fine. We’re chickens. But we’re gonna be the only chickens here not running around with their heads cut off. Come on Scooby.

 

They begin to walk off.

 

Velma:

Hey Daphne didn’t you make some of your famous Pumpkin cookies for everyone tonight?

Daphne:

Oh ya. I was gonna give them out at Barbara’s when we got there. But they don’t have to make it there.

 

Shaggy and Scooby start turning around.

 

Shaggy:

Are you trying to bribe us with a couple cookies?

Velma:

Of course not. You can have the whole batch.

 

Scooby’s interest is peaked.

 

Shaggy:

No way. Sorry girls but that….

Scooby:

Ri’ll go.

 

Scooby joins the rest of the group.

 

Shaggy:

Oh great. Fine, you all go get eaten by Bub the zombie.

Fred:

Okay Shaggy, you can keep watch up here.

 

Shaggy looks around the dark building.

 

Shaggy:

Fine, wait for me.

 

They all start heading down the stairs.

 

Shaggy:

But I get half of those cookies.

 

They reach the bottom of the stairs and open the door at the bottom. The door leads to a large warehouse type storage area with fences everywhere.

 

Shaggy:

Wow, they store all kinds of stuff here.

 

They hear some shuffling and groan in the distance. They get closer. Fred looks into a small area and sees the Creeper struggling with something.

 

Fred:

It’s him. He’s trying to get in something.

 

He gets a closer look and sees the Creeper trying a bunch of keys on a safe in the room.

 

Fred:

He’s trying to get into a safe.

Velma:

Of course. He stole your keys, Fred because he thought one of them was the key to the safe where the fundraiser money is.

Daphne:

But how did he know the safe was down here?

 

The creeper starts getting frustrated.

 

Fred:

Watch out, looks like he’s coming out. Okay this is our chance. We gotta jump him somehow.

 

Fred looks around the storage area.

 

Fred:

Okay Velma, Daphne, grab that string. Scooby and I will take this rope. And when he runs out at us we’ll trip him then Velma and Daphne can jump out and tie him up.

Shaggy:

Wait, what am I doing? And why would he be running towards us?

 

Everyone looks at Shaggy for moment. Shaggy has a realization.

 

Shaggy:

I vote for a new plan.

Fred:

Sorry Shag, there’s no time.

 

The creeper gets fed up with the safe and turns around. Shaggy stands a few feet away from him. He holds up the keys to the safe.

 

Shaggy:

Hey ugly green giant! Lookin for these?

Creeper:

Creeeper!

 

The Creeper starts running right at Shaggy.

 

Shaggy:

Oh boy, here we go.

 

Fred and Scooby are holding the rope ready to raise it up and trip the Creeper.

 

Fred:

Ready Scooby? Here he comes.

Scooby:

Ready.

 

Scooby stands ready with his rope next to a counter with heavy stuff on it. All of a sudden a dark Figure creeps up behind him. He looks behind him sees it, does a double take and yells. He smacks one of the heavy things next to him at the Figure. It hits the Figure square in the face taking theit out. Scooby begins running. Shaggy is running towards them being chased by the Creeper. Suddenly Scooby runs right into Shaggy. Shaggy hits the floor and the keys shoot out of his hands. The Creeper sees the keys slide across the room.

 

Velma:

Oh No, Shaggy. The keys!

 

Shaggy darts after the keys and so does the Creeper. Scooby gets up and sees a flattened cardboard box next to him.

 

Fred:

Scooby! The box.

 

Scooby looks at the flattened box and looks at the Creeper and Shaggy running. He slides the box out in front of him. It stops just as the Creeper runs over it and falls flat on his face. Shaggy jumps and lands on the keys. Fred jumps out and binds the Creepers hands behind his back. Velma and Daphne come up to them.

 

Daphne:

Nice shot Scooby!

Velma:

You got him!

Shaggy gets up.

Shaggy:

And I got the keys.

Fred:

Now, let’s see who this zombie ghost really is.

 

Fred wipes off the takes off the creature’s mask, revealing Sharon underneath.

Daphne/Scooby/Shaggy:

Sharon!?

Velma:

That’s right. She was trying to get to her foundations raised money.

Shaggy:

But like why would she wanna steal from her own foundation?

Fred:

Because…

 

Fred brings out the newspaper Daphne found.

 

Fred:

She doesn’t have a foundation. It was closed down months ago. It says so right here in this Alaskan newspaper.

Daphne:

So they’re whole story about expanding out starting in Colorado was all just a big con.

Velma:

That’s right. They were gonna get their money here and move on to the next state collecting more and more money under the false pretense of a charity.

Scooby:

Rhat about Stuart?

Shaggy:

Yeah. Like does he know about this?

Fred:

I think he might.

Daphne:

Why do you say that?

Fred:

Because look.

 

They walk over to the Figure Scooby knocked out. It’s Stuart.

 

Fred:

They were working together to get the money. Sharon staged the power outage to get us all out of the building. Then we insisted on staying they needed to come up with a way to get us out.

Velma:

So Sharon raided the costume and party supplies to create a monster to try and scare us out of the building. See.

 

She holds up a party glow stick to Shaggy’s shirt. The green glow is the same.

 

Velma:

She broke open some glow sticks to create the illusion of glowing ghost slime. And while she ran around as the Creeper Stuart ran around in the darkness trying to find the way to the basement.

Daphne:

Using a charity as a con. How low.

Sharon:

We had no choice. We worked so hard to help other people by doing all these good things and raising money, only to get shut down. Well if they weren’t going to allow us to help others we decided to help ourselves. We were gonna send most of that money to charity anyway.

Shaggy:

Sure you were.

Sharon:

We were! But you guys just couldn’t mind your own business.

 

Later the gang except for Scooby is standing upstairs with Mr. Carswell.

 

Mr. Carswell:

That was a great thing you did turning in those two con men. That kind of story would’ve probably been the end of this place I really appreciate it.

Fred:

No problem Mr. Carswell, happy to help.

Shaggy:

But like there’s still a problem. This place is haunted.

Velma:

Come on Shaggy there was no Zombie Ghost.

Shaggy:

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the dead girl Scooby and I saw right here in this room.

 

Velma turns off the lights and grabs a remote.

 

Velma:

Was this the dead girl you saw?

 

She presses a button on the remote and a projection hits the wall of a dead girl.

 

Shaggy:

What? It was a movie.

Velma:

Yep. When Sharon was chasing us around Stuart snuck in here and gave you guys a fright.

Shaggy:

I can’t believe we didn’t notice that the first time. I feel kind of silly.

 

Scooby walks out with a plate of pumpkin cookies. He sees the dead girl and screams and fumbles down to the ground. They all laugh.

 

Shaggy:

I guess it’s not as bad as falling for it twice.

Daphne:

And look at that he didn’t drop one pumpkin cookie.

 

All the pumpkin cookies lay perfectly on the plate. Scooby looks up and smiles while everyone laughs.

 

Scooby:

Scooby-Dooby Doo!

 

End.

 

© 2016 Christopher M. Musick


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on October 26, 2016
Tags: Scooby-Doo, Mystery

Author

Christopher M. Musick
Christopher M. Musick

Lone Tree, CO



About
I am a true lover of stories. I love storytelling in all it's forms. Nothing means more to me than creating worlds and characters to share with others. more..

Writing