Sailing

Sailing

A Story by Aimee Mahathy
"

another blip of something to possibly go in my book.

"
And suddenly there came from the sky a great roar. If the sky were the ocean and this house a grand pirate ship, I would have trembled for fear of the fabled Kraken. With my head out of the square porthole, and the first mate asleep in his bed, I surveyed the quietly churning waters above. A vast, grey expanse of otherworldly anger. And the guttural howl released from the indigo depths shook me at a level so deep that I bordered on a romantic hysteria.

In the flash of a moment, that airy field which had hitherto kept my upside-down ship apart from the sea above me had broken and the salty waters sprayed down upon my unwashed head. I looked the chaos fully in the face, seeing shadows which may have been thrown from the great beast itself, and I smiled for the horror of it all. The water poured down and threatened to overtake my vessel, this land-ship that stays stagnant while the ocean above passes daily. I never stop to wonder which of us truly moves. I am just a nameless admirer. Just a faceless creature who laughs at the terrible, powerful sky.

© 2011 Aimee Mahathy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011

Author

Aimee Mahathy
Aimee Mahathy

Bloomington, IL



About
I'm 33 now, much more settled into myself, and getting back to it again. The previous about me is gonna stay for now, since it's still somewhat accurate and I need some time to figure out what to say .. more..

Writing